We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney world in July

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Disney world in July

Heading to America in July and wanting to do disney world. Don't have a choice when to go and July is uni holidays for us in Australia. Obviously I know this is the busiest time to go, what are some ways to make it bearable with the crowds etc. or is it best to not go and avoid the theme parks because it will be so busy in the month of July??

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
34,260 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney world in July

I never go in the summer but I have many options on when I can travel. If this is the only time you can visit and you really want to see the parks then I think you should do it. You can always start off the day in a park, go back to the hotel for a rest or swim in the pool, and then go back in the evening. The good thing about the summer is the parks are open much later, giving you the chance to take a break during the day.

Donna

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney world in July

Disney World has never done it for me..ersatz whatever is all it is. In July it would be like a tour of Dante's "Inferno" without Brutus or Satan.

If you want a steamy fun place for 21+ years olds that has character, clubs and a real - not sanitized - vibe, then go to New Orleans.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,212 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney world in July

We have been going over July 4th for a few years now (5?) and we love it. Sure, it's hot, but Disney is worth it! I don't mind it at all.

It will be busy, but if you just take your time and relax - don't try to run and hit everything at once, it's fine. There will be long waits for the popular rides, either give them a skip and come back later, or admit defeat and stand in line. We go knowing it will be busy and deal with it. In fact, we went last year in Jan thinking it would be fun to see what it's like when it's not so busy, and it still felt busy to us.

Take advantage of the Extra magic hours if you can. It's a great time to zoom thru lines and get on those rides you couldn't during normal hours.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,840 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney world in July

"Obviously I know this is the busiest time to go"

Not so. Christmas week is the busiest followed by Easter week.

" In July it would be like a tour of Dante's "Inferno" without Brutus or Satan."

You haven't been to Phoenix during July.

5. Re: Disney world in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2015, 06:21