We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Standard View Rooms at POFQ really that bad?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Standard View Rooms at POFQ really that bad?

Hi all,

We've recently booked to stay at POFQ from 23rd June-5th July and did not have the option of choosing which room we wanted (it's for a 21st birthday), but found out we have been given a standard room which usually has a view of the parking lot. We were hoping to be able to request to have a nice view for our stay of the lovely gardens or something but seems that we won't be able to! Has anyone stayed in a room with a standard view?

Thanks!

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
6,686 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Standard View Rooms at POFQ really that bad?

I've done a standard room and we overlooked gardens and a Bourbon St style walking path. It was fantastic. Why they charge extra for a pool view is beyond me, I don't want to hear it, and we didn't:) Best Disney moderate in my opinion!

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,680 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Standard View Rooms at POFQ really that bad?

We just stayed there in December, you will love it! We did have a garden view. From what I could see where the rooms that would be overlooking the parking lot, there were a lot of trees, so I don't think it would bother me, all you'll probably see are trees. And honestly we're never looking out the window..lol

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
6,448 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Standard View Rooms at POFQ really that bad?

Stayed there in Oct in a standard room overlooking parking lot . We were never in the room long enough during the day to worry about, or even look at the view.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Standard View Rooms at POFQ really that bad?

You can't see the view from you room anyway. There is a walkway outside your room, you have to physically step out of the room to look over the balcony to see the view so it really makes very little difference what view you book. We had a standard view room in November and it was fine, I couldn't even tell you what we overlooked.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
19,889 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Standard View Rooms at POFQ really that bad?

The moderates are motel style-they have exterior walkways-so the view makes very little difference. The water views are pretty(the ones of the "river" anyway) but it makes virtually no difference as you have to keep your curtains closed all the time due to the foot traffic outside your room

6. Re: Standard View Rooms at POFQ really that bad?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2015, 06:19