We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where is this ride?

Michigan
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
where is this ride?

I thought this ride was in magic Kingdom. It is an indoor roller coaster with a very small drop. (not space mt.) You are in this rocket shaped? cars that goes through a tunnel of darkness. The ride moves pretty fast. I thought it was in Tomorrowland. I thought it was called Transit Authority..but I see that name has been given to the people mover that travels over Tomorrowland.

Is this ride shut down for good?

yorkshire
Level Contributor
3,840 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where is this ride?

Rings a bell.... Do you sit behind each other in a type of rocket shaped pod... ?

It's dark and there's flashing lights everywhere as the rocket zips round ? It goes really fast.

Can't remember also, but now I'm curious so

Bumping up for you.

Someone may know...

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
157 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: where is this ride?

You sure it is not space mountain?

Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where is this ride?

Astro orbiter?

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: where is this ride?

Sounds like Space Mountain to me. Dark, Fast, Rocket Shaped seats. Astro Orbiter also has rocket shaped seats, however it is outside, way up in the air.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,224 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: where is this ride?

You seem to be remembering Space Mountain. You do go through tunnels at both the beginning and the end so maybe you are separating these portions of the ride in your memory. The Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover is no roller coaster. It's an elevated/above ground "ride" that take you throughout Tomorrowland. That does include some "tunnels" though as well as through part of Space Mountain including the part with the astronauts above you and the two roller coster tracks rising on either side of you (so maybe you thought you were moving down). But there are no drops and it is not rocket shaped. Your description also reminds me a little bit of the end part of Journey to Atlantis at SeaWorld. You don't go down during the tunnel parts in Space Mountain. But after the ride maybe you thought you were!

Edited: 10 February 2014, 15:14
Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
6,950 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where is this ride?

Are you thinking of the Rocket Rods over in Disneyland in California? Those are permanently closed.

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,668 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where is this ride?

You're not thinking of the Matterhorn at Disneyland, are you?

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: where is this ride?

Sounds like the Matterhorn at DL to me too.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
3,840 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: where is this ride?

Sounds like space mountain !!

10. Re: where is this ride?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2015, 07:17