We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Disney in the planning for end of May 2015

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Trip to Disney in the planning for end of May 2015

Hi All:

Havent been since our kids were young and planning a trip with our daughter, son-in-law and grandaughter (6) for May 2015.

We previously stayed at Caribbean Beach, not sure what it is like now. What is the best resort in Disney, at a moderate rate? Are the lower rate resorts that bad? and if not what is the best.

We will be staying a week

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,409 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Disney in the planning for end of May 2015

All resorts have their own pluses and minuses but I have recently been researching Moderates and the one reason I would pick Carribean Beach last is all the others, POR, POFQ and Coronado have all been upgraded to Queen beds where the Carribean, still have doubles.

All value resorts have double beds but we have stayed at Pop Century twice, and we found it perfectly fine. Not large rooms but if you are getting 2 rooms, ask for connecting rooms and it makes them feel much bigger. *not guaranteed) Brightly themed resort and large main pool that kids enjoy. You really don't spend all that much time in your room when going to a park each day.

Charlotte, North...
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Disney in the planning for end of May 2015

Well the sad thing is - Disney doesn't really update their resorts… It is quite sad actually… But staying on property is totally worth it :)

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
16,962 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Disney in the planning for end of May 2015

For a moderate I recommend french quarter, small cozy resort, one bus stop, no long walks to anything (which is nice after walking all day in the parks), boat to downtown disney (there's a picture of our room there from dec. on my profile). We really enjoyed it and would recommend it. The rooms were renovated when they switched to queen beds, which are very comfy :)

pa
Level Contributor
53,704 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to Disney in the planning for end of May 2015

Just an FYI

Disney is always updating their Resorts, in fact lots of rehabs have taken place in just the last two years

Suggested Value Resort Pop Century

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2793105

Moderate Resort Port Orleans Riverside

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3173085

There is a nice Room discount available right now, I expect it to be about the same for next year :)

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip to Disney in the planning for end of May 2015

Pop Century and POFQ sound like the best bets,

.........is it worth to get the dining option as well? and the last time we went there was only Typhoon Lagoon, what water park would be best with a 6 year old.

Thanks everyone for your help, so excited to go back to Disney with our granddaughter!!!!

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
16,962 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip to Disney in the planning for end of May 2015

As it gets closer they may offer free dining or a room discount. You'll have to see which will save you more money. We never buy the dining plan, always pay less out of pocket than it would have cost. I don't believe in pre paying for food you don't even know if you'll eat anyway. (3 of us got sick on our trip and couldn't really eat for almost 2 days, would have been a lot of food wasted) But you have plenty of time to decide on that. Towards the end of the year sign up on WaltDisneyWorld.com and make mock reservations, you may get a pin code (a special discount just for you).

Both water parks are great, both have kiddie sections, for little kids though I prefer the wave pool at Blizzard Beach :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip to Disney in the planning for end of May 2015

Further to the post dated 10 February 2014, 21:35 I agree fully with all the positive comments regarding the French Quarter, however the statement that there is one bus stop should be taken with caution.

We changed our booking from the Riverside to the FQ back in May 2012 having read similar advice, only to find that on the majority of home bound trips the bus was for both resorts and the FQ was the last stop!

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
16,962 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip to Disney in the planning for end of May 2015

Jackie we've stayed at French Quarter twice, last Dec. and a few years before during August. We never shared buses with Riverside going "home" from anywhere. The few times they shared were on the way to parks.

Twin Cities, MN
Level Contributor
341 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip to Disney in the planning for end of May 2015

10+ month old original post--likely no longer relevant.

Also, at least one of the responses is out-of-date. CB has been upgraded to queen beds.

10. Re: Trip to Disney in the planning for end of May 2015

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2016, 06:17