We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rain Rain this Weekend!!!!

Richmond,VA
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
Rain Rain this Weekend!!!!

We plan to leave on Friday to Disney, however the forecast is calling for 80% rain/thunderstorms ALL weekend!!! Should we cancel or is the rain sporadic? I've been planning for over a year & don't want our first time trip ruined... I'm freaking out!

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,102 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rain Rain this Weekend!!!!

I fail to see the need for such concern (i.e. high drama).

My forecast shows nothing of the sort of weather you describe. http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/Orlando+FL+USFL0372:1:US

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,548 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rain Rain this Weekend!!!!

Actually, we are expecting some good weather over the next week or so, especially compared to the continuing storms up north. So far, there is no mention of rain for next weekend, but forecasts can change and there can be no guarantees. Over time, there will be some days with rain, but I see nothing in the Orlando forecast that indicates any unusually wet weather.

When it does rain, even when it lasts all day, just choose an activity that is more indoor-oriented, like shopping at a mall. Even when at a theme park, just wear a plastic poncho. Before you leave, stop by a Wal-Mart or similar store and pick up a few disposable ones for a couple dollars each; they are also available at the parks, but at a cost 2-3 times more.

Enjoy your trip!

Richmond,VA
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rain Rain this Weekend!!!!

Ive always used Wunderground, & they seem to be pretty accurate.....lets hope tge forecast is wrong www.wunderground.com/q/zmw:32801.1.99999

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rain Rain this Weekend!!!!

I have been to WDW numerous times during periods of rain, and It is not a lot of fun in my view. However, it appears from the forecast that you cite that there are only 3 days when thunderstorms are being forecast. Were you only going to Disney World for two or three days? If you were going for a week, for instance, you just work around the weather by focusing on indoor activities during the rainy days.

Richmond,VA
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Rain Rain this Weekend!!!!

We are arriving late Fri 2/21 and leaving on Wed 2/26.....Yeah, don't want to spend our vacation in a mall or indoors!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the best!

6. Re: Rain Rain this Weekend!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2015, 06:17