We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with 4 day itinerary, thrill seekers

Greenville, SC
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Help with 4 day itinerary, thrill seekers

Heading to WDW March 6-11, will have 4 full days. Two kids, ages 11 and 15. Our main priority is thrill rides! I know we want to do Universal, at least the Islands half. If you had to skip a park which would you choose? I'm leaning towards AK or Epcot (don't enjoy the countries, really Test Track the only thing I loved last time- 5 years ago).

Any help with a 4 day itinerary for thrill seekers is appreciated!

pa
Level Contributor
54,374 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with 4 day itinerary, thrill seekers

As much as I love Epcot, I would skip that. AK has Expedition Everest, can't miss that one :)

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,515 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with 4 day itinerary, thrill seekers

Make sure to visit both universal and islands of adventure :)

Greenville, SC
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with 4 day itinerary, thrill seekers

Yep planning on it, but can it be done in one day? I mean is it worth sacrificing an entire Disney park to go two days to Universal...

Tellico Plains...
Level Contributor
636 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with 4 day itinerary, thrill seekers

Not sure if you can do it in one day but you might be able to do Animal Kingdom in half a day and spend the other half elsewhere.

Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with 4 day itinerary, thrill seekers

We did IOA and Universal in one day last week but you would have to check the crowd calendars. It was a push but we were able to do all the "thrill" rides and more. I would head to AK first thing and do the things you want to. Mount Everest, Dinosaur.

New York
Level Contributor
260 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with 4 day itinerary, thrill seekers

If you really just looking for the thrill rides, then Disney is not for you. Their rides are more thematic, not many thrill rides there.

MK has Splash Mountains and Space Mountain.

AK - Expedition Everest and Dinasour

HS - Tower of Terror and Rock-n-Roll roller coaster

You would be more happy at Universal (both parks) and Bush Gardens where all the big roller coasters are.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
7,551 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help with 4 day itinerary, thrill seekers

You can do the two Universal parks in 1 day if you take advantage of the single rider lines at the big thrill rides. You could also look into the Express Pass, but I think the crowds that time of year wouldn't warrant the extra expense.

Skip EPCOT. They butchered Test Track by re-theming it. Took a lot out of it for me.

You could probably do AK and Hollywood Studios in the same day if you only care about thrill rides and are going to skip the shows.

I would not recommend going all the way to Tampa to see Busch Gardens on such a short trip. I love thrill rides and I was less than impressed the last time I went. Universal has the same sort of thing and is close by anyway.

Edited: 19 February 2014, 19:08
Greenville, SC
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Help with 4 day itinerary, thrill seekers

Thanks everyone! Here's what I think I'll do (let me know if you see any issues)

Day 1: As much Universal as we can get in (have a touring plan)

Day 2: AK/MGM

Day 3:MK

Day 4: whatever the kids want to return to (or Epcot)

9. Re: Help with 4 day itinerary, thrill seekers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2015, 06:18