We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best day of the week to visit discovery cove

Sittingbourne...
Level Contributor
171 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Best day of the week to visit discovery cove

Hi

We arrive at mco late pm on a Thursday in early august. I've pretty much written off the Friday for food shopping, car hire arrangements, unpacking etc (we might visit a park in the eve if were not too tired). However, this means our first "park" day will be a Saturday, which I believe, is not a good day for crowds and queues!

We are planning a visit to discovery cover during our 3 week stay and I'm wondering if that might be a good way to spend that first Saturday.

Much of my family have never experienced Disney and I didn't want their first day to be spent on one of the busiest days to visit. I'm aware that the parks will not be quite so busy towards the end of our trip.

Where would you visit first?

Thanks

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
827 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best day of the week to visit discovery cove

IMO I don’t think you should write the friday off. I'm never that tired that we skip going to a park on the first day.... but that's only me and you know your family and your limits.

I think any day is a good day for discovery cove, but yes a saturday would be good to miss the big crowds at the park :). Although I don't know if I would do it on my 2nd day? We usually do it half way through as its nice to have a change of pace

Odense, Danmark
Level Contributor
29 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best day of the week to visit discovery cove

There is a maximum of people each day at Discovery Cove, so I wouldnt be affraid. Any day is a good day. Some of the parks have a skip the line card, worth the money I think. :)

Sittingbourne...
Level Contributor
171 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best day of the week to visit discovery cove

Yes I know queues won't be a problem at dc, which is why I thought it may be a good bet on a Saturday when the other parks are rammed. Although I take the other point made that's doc is a nice change of pace in the middle of a holiday. Maybe I'll try our 14th day.

Thank you

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,339 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best day of the week to visit discovery cove

Hi, just to let you know in the summer (when all kids are out of school) we find the weekends and weekdays to be the same (we've been a few times in mid-August). Go to whichever park whatever day you feel like :)

Nottingham
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best day of the week to visit discovery cove

As above I don't think you'll find that crowds are any different on various days in the school hols. In fact our least busy day ever in MK was a Saturday in August (I think everyone else was avoiding it), we always have to go in peak season. I would also have discovery cove in the middle for a change.

6. Re: Best day of the week to visit discovery cove

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2015, 06:18