We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to wear in the evenings

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
What to wear in the evenings

Hi, we are going to Disney on 20th March and im unsure what to pack for the evening, do people dress up for meals or can we wear what we had on in the parks, also will I need a jacket for the evening. I will be traveling with my partner and our 4 year old.

Thanks!

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,976 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to wear in the evenings

"Hi, we are going to Disney on 20th March and im unsure what to pack for the evening, do people dress up for meals or can we wear what we had on in the parks"

That depends on where you are going. Park attire is acceptable around town and in most (not all) restaurants. For the better park restaurants (Artist Point, Yachtsman Steakhouse, California Grill, etc.) men would need a collared shirt with either a nice pair of shorts or a pair of khakis and women would need something comparable.

" also will I need a jacket for the evening."

Maybe. Something light though.

Orlando
Level Contributor
10,427 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to wear in the evenings

Do people dress up for meals? Only at high-end places.

I took the wife out for a late Valentine's Day dinner at Bonefish on Saturday. I wore flip flops. I would have worn shorts had it been warmer.

A jacket? Maybe. Most likely a light one if at all.

England
Level Contributor
990 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to wear in the evenings

Most restaurants are very casual and laidback. I never get really dressed up to eat out - I normally wear a nice sundress or maxi dress and a pair of wedges or my nice silver flip flops. Hubby wears cropped trousers and a nice t-shirt or nice shorts and a t-shirt.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to wear in the evenings

We never get " dressed up" for the evenings. It's not like when you go st Spain or the like where you dress for dinner, most people are still wandering around in their shorts & t's late into the evening. If we're going to a "nicer" restaurant for dinner, the Wave or Fultons Crabhouse say, we'll change into different t's & crops!! lol

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,542 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What to wear in the evenings

Most guests will dine in their "park" clothes. We prefer to rest in the afternoon and change into "elegant casual" for our evening meals, particularly in the Disney "signature" venues.

Evenings are cool in March. Pack sweaters and light jackets.

Happy planning!

6. Re: What to wear in the evenings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2015, 05:17