We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney Resort upgrade at check-in??

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,473 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Disney Resort upgrade at check-in??

Thank you all for the wonderful information provided by this forum!

We will be going to WDW in mid-March (first time in about 10 years...before that, we'd been about five or six times).

We are currently booked, directly through Disney, in a one bedroom Boardwalk villa, but would love a two bedroom, if it's available.

I am NOT looking for a free upgrade, but was wondering if any of you know the chances of availability for an upgrade at check-in, if a two bedroom should become available.

I've been checking the Boardwalk villas reservation site daily, hoping to see a two bedroom villa pop up in availability, however, none yet...but keeping hopeful!!

(Or, better yet, if there is another way to check on availability, other than the website??)

Disney has become much more complicated than when we last visited...it's a little overwhelming, LOL!! But, we are looking forward to our trip!

Thanks in advance!! :-)

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,717 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney Resort upgrade at check-in??

I would call Disney (I prefer to talk to a person), ask about the availability and ask them if one is available at check in what is the procedure :)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
442 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney Resort upgrade at check-in??

We had a two bedroom villa and a studio villa at our recent stay. At check in i asked them if there was any 3 bedrooms available, and it appeared Disney would be accomodating to us. They said there was a three bedroom available for our last 5 nights of our stay but not the first. They said they were happy to give it to us if we were willing to move after the first night. I told him I was not sure I had the DVC points for the upgrade and would need him to check. He said he was not concerned about the points. The three bedroom is significantly more points than rentying a two bedroom and a studio villa. I say it never hurts to ask. The worst they can say is no, and if they want to do it for free, even better.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
32,334 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney Resort upgrade at check-in??

I would call to see if you can be put on a waiting list. The two bedrooms at boardwalk are very hard to get so being put on a waiting list may be your only chance. I would ask at check-in but don't count on it. Again, it never hurts to ask but don't be disappointed if it can't happen.

Donna

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,473 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney Resort upgrade at check-in??

Thank you, all!!

dbabe - I didn't know there was a waiting list - I will call reservations tomorrow to inquire about this.

I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best!! :-)

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
32,334 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney Resort upgrade at check-in??

I know when we book through DVC there is a waiting list for such things so I would assume there will be for those wanting to upgrade. It's worth asking about.

Good luck, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

donna

6. Re: Disney Resort upgrade at check-in??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2015, 05:18