We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food/drinks/tips

London, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Food/drinks/tips

My friend and I are going to orlando in last week August first week September I am looking to budget around 150$ per person per day just for food/drinks and tips is this enough ?

Boxborough...
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food/drinks/tips

Unless you are heavy drinkers or eat in expensive restaurants, you will not need anywhere near that amount.

Figure $10 for breakfast, $20 for a counter service lunch at the park and $30 for a meal at a place like Outback. Someone with more knowledge can fill in the blanks on drinks.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food/drinks/tips

Yes that will be plenty, the average tip in Orlando is 20% which is definitely worth it as the service is impeccable (it will make you not want to eat out in the uk again!) It's a great time of year to go, crowds will be fairly low, we went this time in 2010. Unless you are big eaters I would advise having a decent breakfast, something light for lunch then a main meal for dinner as the portions are significantly larger then here in the uk so we found on our first trip we were wasting money by buying food when we weren't really that hungry. We went again last May, tried the light lunch thing and it worked out much better! We had $100 each a day and ate really well :-) Also i would recommend buying the souvenir cups if you go to sea world/universal as it's only $1.06 refills so works out a lot cheaper :-)

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,631 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food/drinks/tips

Hi Morton

Welcome to the forum...

That amount is plenty! May even get you a little shopping in too...

4. Re: Food/drinks/tips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2015, 05:17