We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours to another state/country besides

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Topic
Tours to another state/country besides

Does anyone know of any tour companies that visits other counties besides Miami, that last time i went to Orlando (12 years ago) they use to be a tour to Hawaii..but can't find anything on that level.

Gray Line Orlando
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Stone VIPS
Sightseeing Tours, Film & TV Tours
Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
17,443 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours to another state/country besides

Miami is not a county, nor is Hawaii. Do you mean cities, counties, states or countries?

South Lanarkshire...
Level Contributor
4,977 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tours to another state/country besides

You can fly from Orlando to Hawaii, its a fairly long flight at just under 10 hours

Cheshire
Level Contributor
812 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tours to another state/country besides

Hi

Do you mean a 2 center holiday? If you want two different states just enter multiple search for flights with the states you wish to visit. I have done that a couple of times. It works out OK then book hotels from a good website. Travel Republic has a good range of hotel.

County Galway...
Level Contributor
2,788 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tours to another state/country besides

you fly to most states from Orlando airport

montreal
Level Contributor
69 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tours to another state/country besides

If you mean cities, well you can fly direct to any major US or Canadian cities from Orlando. There are no direct flights to Hawaii from Florida. Marion is right, the different islands of Hawaii are about 10 hours away+ stops . Hawaii is closer to Asia than to the East coast of the United States.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,087 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tours to another state/country besides

I suggest that you buy a good travel guide to the United States. It will most likely explain the difference between cities, counties, countries,.etc. My favorite islands in Hawaii are Kauai (the Garden Isle), and Maui. You may find that cost from Florida to Hawaii is prohibitive, and other states would be a better value,

Why don't you check out Louisiana? It is not all that far from Orlando, especially by air. Check out Southwest Airlines for fares. Louisiana is different than most of the US, as it was settled by the French rather than the English or Spanish, as is most of the US. New Orleans is a great place to visit, as it is one of the older cities in the US and is famous for dishes specific only to NOLA. Also check out the oldest city in the US, (settled by the Spanish), St. Augustine, FL. The Spanish contact with the North American continents citizens is controversial because of disease, colonialism, etc. and is interesting for any persons interested in history.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tours to another state/country besides

As per your other thread you can't afford a transfer to Clearwater so how exactly do you expect to get to Hawaii?

Norway
Level Contributor
231 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tours to another state/country besides

Hi Mandy.

Having read your other posts as well, my impression is that you are staying in Orlando, but as part of your vacation you want to visit another place as well, and need suggestions of places you can visit without a car. Am I correct? (I assume you have misunderstood the location of Hawaii….)

Well, as everyone says, getting around is close to impossible without a car. Public transport is very different from Europe. I once used Greyhound on a trip from Melbourne, FL to Miami, and had no problems at all, but that was more than ten years ago, and other people in here have much more knowledge about this than I do.

Do you not have a license at all? If you do, I can assure you it will be the best thing to rent a car, even though you might not feel like driving in Florida.

If you don’t, I think it would be best calling different taxi services to negotiate a good price to f. ex Clearwater or maybe somewhere on the East Coast, like Cocoa Beach that might be a bit closer…

Well, I hope you find something. People on this forum (who knows a lot more about Florida than I do) are really helpful, so I guess you will find a way in the end :-)

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
275 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Tours to another state/country besides

Mandy I have just looked at your other post

If I were you I would just stick to Orlando until you have the resources to undertake the type of trips you are asking about on this post

You can't get to Hawaii from Orlando on a tight budget

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,597 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tours to another state/country besides

Hi, Mandy. If you are visiting Orlando, there are other interesting places in Florida and the USA that you might also visit. Some of these would be near Orlando, so that they could be done as day trips, and others would be far enough away that you would fly or drive there and stay in a hotel. Trips to Miami can be done as a day trip, but some will spend a few nights there adjunct to staying in Orlando.

Orlando is inland in east central Florida, but you can take a day trip to the beach. As Backpack said, two common destinations are Cocoa Beach, on the Atlantic Ocean about 45-60 minutes east of Orlando, and Clearwater Beach, onthe Gulf of Mexico just under two hours west. Gray Line operates bus excursions to both places from Orlando, or you can stay in hotels.

Another popular day trip is the Kennedy Space Center, which is where man journied to the moon and the space shuttle called home. KSC is near Cocoa Beach, but there are both separate and combined bus excursions via Gray Line.

Some people combine a trip to more distant US cities by arranging their air travel for a stopover either before or after visiting Orlando. New York City is a popular choice because there is a lot to see and there are numerous airline flights there directly from the UK. Washington DC, the capital city of the USA, and Chicago, Illinois are also possibilities, as both cities also have flights from the UK.

There are dozens of other places you could also see, but some would be more difficult to visit because they are so far from Orlando or don't have direct flights from the UK. Someone already mentioned New Orleans, in the US state of Louisiana. Denver, in Colorado, is a base for visiting the Rocky Mountains. Las Vegas, Nevada and both Los Angeles and San Francisco in California are popular destinations -- but these latter three places require an airplane flight of around 5 hours from Orlando. As several people have pointed out, the US state of Hawaii is in the Pacific Ocean, nowhere near Orlando and on the other side of the world from London, so it would be best done as a separate trip.

Look at the TA pages for the places that interest you, and feel free to ask questions in this and other forums. Every trip starts out with some vague notions of destinations, and then evolves using research and help from others here on Trip Advisor.

Edited: 19 February 2014, 09:50