We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Magic Kingdom question?

Memphis
Level Contributor
139 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Magic Kingdom question?

My family and I will be at Disney for 4 full days and are planning on spending a day at each park. I am concerned that 1 full day may not be enough time at Magic Kingdom. I have already booked fast-passes and reservations for each day. Is a full day (I'm talking 9am-till close) enough for this park. Our first time visiting Disneyworld!!!! So super excited! Thanks.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Magic Kingdom question?

If you plan well, and it sounds like you have, then 1 full day at MK will do for your visit.

Remember though that Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom will probably close earlier than MK does so if you want to/are able to "hop" you have that option to take in things you may have missed during your 1 full day.

Edited: 19 February 2014, 09:53
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Magic Kingdom question?

I agree that the MK can be satisfactorily seen in a single day if you arrive early and plan well. Avoid peak holiday periods when the parks are jammed and the queues long. Also, observe the closing times; although the MK usually opens around 8-9, the closing time can vary anywhere from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. (or even 3 a.m. for guests staying on site and eligible for EMH).

When you arrive, have a good idea of what you want to see. If you are already using the new Fastpass+ system, you have a good start. For others not staying onsite, it is possible to reserve ride times immediately upon entering the park for the day, especially if arriving right at opening.

Edited: 19 February 2014, 10:12
Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,045 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Magic Kingdom question?

A lot depends on the time of year. You can get quite a bit more done in September or late January than, say, mid July or the week during Christmas and New Year.

I like this site for planning a short, action-packed trip:

http://www.easywdw.com

pa
Level Contributor
54,372 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Magic Kingdom question?

Do you have small children ? Are you going at Easter Time ? Are you staying at a Disney Resort ?

Level Contributor
1,076 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Magic Kingdom question?

Yes you can do it, especially at a quiet time of year but I wouldn't attempt it with younger children. When we returned from our middle of the day break it was sad to see so many sweaty, exhausted kids being dragged or pushed about by agitated parents.

I agree that perhaps you could hop to MK after AK of you could take a few hrs break. If you did this on your last day, you could go off and eat then go back to MK for the parade and fireworks.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Magic Kingdom question?

I'm so excited for you. You can check well in advance for Extra Magic Hours. Plan your visit to the MK on that. You can spend time at the park, go back to your room for drink and a nap and then stay at Mk till 1am. That's what we did and that little break can really rejuvinate you.

Edited: 19 February 2014, 16:20
Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Magic Kingdom question?

If you are staying onsite, schedule your fastpasses for later in the day, get there before rope drop and go on other desired rides before they get busy. Then stay late if you can and ride some more. Personally our group never takes a break in the afternoon and the kids do great maybe even napping in the stroller. Make sure and ale advantage of child swap!

Edited: 20 February 2014, 04:26
Memphis
Level Contributor
139 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Magic Kingdom question?

thanks so much!!!

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
340 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Magic Kingdom question?

Use a touring plan.

Arrive early

Ride the best rides immediately

Get fastpasses for the three rides you want to ride later after dinner

Eat earlier, say lunch at 11, dinner and 4 to beat those crowds.

Aim for indoor shows, rides and activities between 12 -4 when it's hotter or raining.

Enjoy the lower crowds later in the evening after using your fastpasses.

Take sometime to relax

10. Re: Magic Kingdom question?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2015, 06:19