We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crowds and weather in May

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
wkdlady
Level Contributor
98 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Crowds and weather in May

We are visiting orlando for our 1st time 9th May to 23rd for my daughters 20th birthday wich is on the 6th May. We were wondering what the weather is like this time of year and what are the crowds like. Thank you

Any other tips or advice welcome .

pa
Level Contributor
53,897 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Crowds and weather in May

Crowd levels will be moderate, easy enough to manage with a basic plan. Weather is usually lovely, warm enough, even quite hot at times, for lazy afternoons pool side

A good time to visit :)

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
Level Contributor
4,080 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Crowds and weather in May

Weather will be wonderfully warm, but not HOT like in the summer months, also the schools are not out yet so your crowds should be manageable.

Make sure you get a Birthday Button for your daughter at Guest Services when you enter the park!!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
740 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crowds and weather in May

I love when people refer to May as 'warm' lol. May is HOT HOT HOT depending on your perspective! But it is lovely, 30 degrees most days, low crowds (at least at Universal). Possibility of a storm or two (or a day of non-stop rain like last year!) But otherwise a lovely time of year to go. Not sure what parks you are planning on doing but I know that Epcot have a flower and garden festival on, Star Wars weekends are usually on around that time. Also this year Universal have extended their Mardi Gras Festival through May so they'll have parades, free concerts, etc.

wkdlady
Level Contributor
98 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Crowds and weather in May

Thank you we have got most of the tickets .discovery cove and swimming with dolphins. Bush gardens , international studios, universal studios, Epcot, all disney, aquatica so we won't be relaxing much lol. It is going to be a holiday of a lifetime for our daughter and my partner who are very excited. I'm not a lover of rides or flying but always wanted to go to florida. As for the whole day of rain here in the uk we are begging to get webbed feet with all the rain and floods lol.

Bermagui, Australia
Level Contributor
2,050 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Crowds and weather in May

May is not if you've been in sept/oct :)

May is busier than sept/oct but it's still manageable I've been in May and liked it, I prefer sept/oct but that's because I like the heat and Halloween.

wkdlady
Level Contributor
98 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Crowds and weather in May

Reason we choose May is my daughter is 20 on 6th may so it's a holiday she will always remember. She wanted to go for 21st but we told her florida is not really a drinking holiday she can go to Spain or somewhere with her friends for her 21st.

We are staying at the avanti resort which has just been renovated and looks really nice and in a good location.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Crowds and weather in May

May so wonderful. Not too busy in the parks and the weather is great. We fly out on the 2nd may and had our honeymoon there in May, also been in December which is amazing because of christmas but prefer May. have a great time

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
660 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Crowds and weather in May

We usually go May, Oct & Dec and out of the 3 I prefer May. The weather is usually nice and the crowds are low, whereas I think October has got much busier over the last few years. December is a nice time to visit for all the Xmas activities but the weather can be hit and miss.

You've also chosen a hotel that seems to be getting good reviews since it's refurb and is on a nice part of i-drive with some good bars and restaurants all within walking distance. A favourite of mine is Tony Roma's which is probably less than 5 mins walk away, the Ribs are awesome!!

HTH - and enjoy!

wkdlady
Level Contributor
98 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Crowds and weather in May

Thank you all.

Just one more question is it better to get the I trolley or the lynx bus. My partner thinks lynx is better cos it takes you into the parks ??

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
660 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Crowds and weather in May

I think you may need to explain a bit more about which parks you need to get to and where you'll be staying. The Iride is limited pretty much to the I-drive area but does take you directly to Seaworld and Aquatica. Some Lynx Buses follow almost the same route but go beyond i-drive and on to some area's of Disney. Disney itself is best served by Disney Transport buses.