We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seaworld

Swansea, Wales
Level Contributor
357 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Seaworld

I have visited Seaworld over 20 times spanning 15 years or so and although I have the utmost respect for the trainers and animals I will never be able to go again!

I could cry at how naive I was, I am so angry at how Seaworld has left me feeling so ashamed of myself for my past enjoyment.....I have just watched Blackfish and I urge you all to do so and form your own opinions.

This is not meant to offend, just my personal opinion. Yes we now know more about these wonderful Orcas but at what cost?

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
476 reviews
from US$54.99*
US$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
188 reviews
from US$128.99*
Crystal River Manatee Snorkeling and...
130 reviews
from US$118.99*
Special Offer
Coca-Cola Orlando Eye, Madame...
14 reviews
from US$51.99*
US$87.87
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
683 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seaworld

Hhhmm....I watched Blackfish a while ago and for me it raised more questions than it answered! The producer who made it used more propaganda than Seaworld themselves IMHO!

It's all moot anyway as I suspect this topic will be deleted shortly anyway!

Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
4,225 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seaworld

If folks have an ax to grind the can spin any sort of tale they want, especially when applying today's sensibilites (of some people anyway) to events of the past. With a little time and effort you can see the bad in anything and anybody anywhere at any time. But, that"s not a way to go through life. So, focus on all the good things Seaworld has done for sea creatures over the years. And, the really cool roller coasters.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
28,805 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seaworld

Totally agree No Member.

Iowa
Level Contributor
10,247 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seaworld

Barti.....More and more people are starting to agree with you, thankfully.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,997 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seaworld

Agree with you Barti..

London
Level Contributor
971 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seaworld

Me too. I wish SW would invest in water parks for the orcas they already have in captivity.

This thread will of puff soon though as negative reviews are SW are seemingly not allowed.