We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Universal Express Passes

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
196 posts
Save Topic
Universal Express Passes

I'm having problems with the Universal website so thought I'd ask here, plus some 1st hand info would be awesome as always.

there are 6 of us, we have a 4 day ticket, probably be looking to do Universal in the week starting 11 April.

I'm wondering if an express pass would be likely to enhance our experience hugely, if it's worth while when we intend having 2 days in each park. If we booked 1 night in one of the hotels then would that give us 1 day express or 2 (ie check in and check out day).

Like I say the Universal web site isnt playing nice for me right now but I saw somewhere that express passes are $88 per person, is that right, what about kids cos my youngest is a bit petite and won't be able to ride most of the big coasters.

thanks

Lynn

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
6,518 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Universal Express Passes

One night in a hotel gives two days FOTL passes, well worth it at busy times.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Universal Express Passes

If you stay at one of their hotels, you get the hour earlier admission. Do you also get the front of the line passes with that or is it extra? What exactly does it mean? Thanks!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
196 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Universal Express Passes

Thanks for that, have you used the express pass system? I know it's a how long is a piece of sting question, but on average how did it effect your queuing time?

I really don't want to have to spend the money on this, but we are all adrenaline junkies and I know my kids will want to ride the big coasters multiple times and I just want it to be as good as it can be for them.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,616 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Universal Express Passes

One night gives you two days of express pass (well worth it). The only way we do us/ioa is by staying on site.

3boys, at Royal Pacific, Hard Rock and Portofino you get the early entry and the express passes included. We even stayed on site Sept. 2012 (Sept. is quiet) and we were still happy to have express pass, plus we love staying at Portofino (stayed there 3 times).

NJ
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Universal Express Passes

I assume it will be the same with Cabana Bay-the new hotel? I thought it was just the early hour, This is pretty exciting to me. Bonus! We have never added Universal to a trip, but are seriously considering it this year. Kids are ready for Harry Potter! :-)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
196 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Universal Express Passes

I'm pretty sure the new hotel doesn't offer the passes.

ok next question. ..

what is the cheapest way to book? Just online direct with them or is there a way to get a discount? Also I'm thinking if we do this we may wait until we are there. We are doing Disney in our first 2 weeks and everything else in the second half of our stay. So I can do it a week ir so before hand so I know what the weather will be like.

Can anyone see a problem in that, obviously if it's full it's full and that's my tough luck.

texas
Level Contributor
2,481 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Universal Express Passes

For some reason I thought Cabana Bay was not included in the front of line passes. I could be wrong, but I did a lot of reading because we were thinking of bringing everyone this Summer to Universal. I thought that hotel w ill be cheaper and not offer the passes.I will try to find where I read that. Like I said I may be wrong.

texas
Level Contributor
2,481 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Universal Express Passes

Thx, jam06. I thought so.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Universal Express Passes

I'm in Orlando right now and went to universal yesterday express passes were about 59 dollars for one park and 74 for both parks. My advice would be join a single riders queue it's free and takes a quarter or less of the time to get on a ride. Most queues were 60 to 90 minutes long. Btw express pass is more expensive if you wanted unlimited rides. No express pass for Harry Potter available.

Hope that helps

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,616 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Universal Express Passes

No Cabana Bay will not have the express passes.