We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

completely confused

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
completely confused

hi everyone :)

I'm sure you are all fed up with me and my questions :S however, I am completely confused still! I was on moaning the other week how I really want a magic band for when I am there in September. Loads of suggestions came in to book one nights stay at a disney hotel which is an excellent idea.

My questions are...

1) Which disney hotel supplies the magic bands?

2) Which hotel is best (nothing to expensive)?

3) Do I purchase tickets separately?

4) Best place to book the disney hotel?

5) When will I receive the magic bands?

Thanks for all your help

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,426 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: completely confused

1) Which disney hotel supplies the magic bands?

All of them

2) Which hotel is best (nothing to expensive)?

Disney hotels are in price categories Value, Moderate, Deluxe with rates depending on season

3) Do I purchase tickets separately?

You can unless you want to add a Dining Plan then you need everything packaged together

4) Best place to book the disney hotel?

With Disney or an authorized Disney travel agent which allows you to modify if a discount or promotion later comes along

5) When will I receive the magic bands?

At check in I believe. I think they are only shipping to US addresses

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,532 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: completely confused

I wouldn't stay there just one night just to get a magic band?

Lowestoft, United...
Level Contributor
489 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: completely confused

Hi,

I have booked a 2 night stay at value resort ( All Stars Music) and IMO it was a bargain!!!! 2 nights for 3 guests (29th & 30th August) £88!!

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
834 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: completely confused

what does the magiband do??

is it just the same as the credit card one but on a wrist??

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,532 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: completely confused

the magic band replaces the key card, it's the key to your room, you can put a charge card on it (you don't have to), any dining reservations you have will be on it, and your fast pass selections will be on it.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
834 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: completely confused

so im a little confused now

when you get a orlando freedom plus ticket you use to get 3 x paper/card tickets

the disney one you could exchange on first day to a plastic credit card style. does that mean this wont happen any more?

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,426 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: completely confused

Disney has introduced RFID technology in its parks and resorts. Non-Disney guests will have a credit card like ticket Which will utilize the technology for entrance and for fastpass + The new fastpass system. Disney hotel guests will have MagicBand wristbands/bracelets for room key, charging if desired, fastpass+, and, in most cases, also their ticket

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,532 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: completely confused

Lee you will exchange the paper ticket for credit card like one as described above.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
834 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: completely confused

perfect cheers the paper ones get wet and ruined lol

10. Re: completely confused

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2015, 05:22