We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do you really want to rent from ValueCar Rentals?? Beware!!

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa
Level Contributor
1 post
26 reviews
Save Topic
Do you really want to rent from ValueCar Rentals?? Beware!!

During my last trip to Orlando, I had reserved a car thru CarRentals.com which directed me to ValueCar Rentals. Worst experience ever. I felt like was being robbed!!!

An additional liability insurance for drivers outside Florida that I had never paid with Car Rentals.com was IMPOSED on me. I have been driving rentals in Florida since 1975 and never had to pay this extra charge. That extravagant charge was never listed in either my estimate or reservation confirmation ($182.00).

The car reserved was not ready so I was "upgraded" to a supposedly full size car but got a Honda Accord?? The car was so damaged all around and it took a long time to mark all the damage on the sheet, including decorating strips flapping in the wind. When I indicated to the young gentleman that it was not a new car, he indicated that it was a 2007 (like it was absolutely nothing new and happened every day!!) and the car had 78,000 miles.

I landed in Orlando the night before my rental and stayed at a hotel. As it said "airport pick up", I made my way to the airport from my hotel. I had to call the company on the airport phone so they could send a shuttle which brought me back, almost an hour later, one block from my hotel. It was never indicated that this company operated out of Holiday Inn next door. The car was in VERY poor mechanical order: bad brakes that pulsated when applying the brakes, needed steering repair/wheel alignment as it was wandering on the road, slow and on some occasions very slow to start, and on occasions I had to help the driver window go up as the motor of the power window was really struggling.

I will never rent from this company again and hope no other driver has to go though this experience or treatment. I am not 25-30 years old but 62 and the attitude from the male clerk behind the counter almost had me turn around to go somewhere else (the other solution that had popped in my mind) but as my wife was waiting for me at the hotel so we could start our trip to the Florida coast so I had to rent that car... What a mistake and I would never deal with them even if the car rental was FREE!!!

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do you really want to rent from ValueCar Rentals?? Beware!!

Never heard of them. Perhaps a little research prior to booking may have been in order.

I've just googled them and their reviews are terrible so it beggars belief why you rented with them in the first place!

Edited: 20 February 2014, 15:02
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,611 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do you really want to rent from ValueCar Rentals?? Beware!!

Never heard of them either

3. Re: Do you really want to rent from ValueCar Rentals?? Beware!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 February 2014, 22:35
Pontypridd, United...
Level Contributor
278 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do you really want to rent from ValueCar Rentals?? Beware!!

i don't think OP has necessarily posted just to complain. I think he has posted to warn other people to not make the same mistake he did. Thanks for the warning Ottawa, hopefully someone who was planning to use this company will see this post and think twice.

People can be far too quick to jump down the throats of some posters, especially when they are new to the forum.

5. Re: Do you really want to rent from ValueCar Rentals?? Beware!!

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

6. Re: Do you really want to rent from ValueCar Rentals?? Beware!!

Edited: 20 February 2014, 22:35
East Kilbride...
Level Contributor
642 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Do you really want to rent from ValueCar Rentals?? Beware!!

Well said mumpelina. There are some posters on here who only seem to ever post condescending remarks. Not everyone can be as clued up as some of you on here. Let's be nicer to each other.

East Kilbride...
Level Contributor
642 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Do you really want to rent from ValueCar Rentals?? Beware!!

And whilst sure, a lot of first time posters do seem to have a complaint or issue the same can be said of many of those whose posts are in the thousands longing on continually to post criticism or disparaging remarks about the less experienced travellers.

We were all newbies once.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,611 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Do you really want to rent from ValueCar Rentals?? Beware!!

And some post personal off topic attacks too?

All I said is I have never heard of the firm, period.

10. Re: Do you really want to rent from ValueCar Rentals?? Beware!!