We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm giving In...

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
827 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
I'm giving In...

Ok...so I'm pro public transport ;)!

But...I've decided when I go in sep I'm going to rent a car for 3 days!

I'll only be 24 so cant afford rental for the full holiday and I want to just get a feel of driving over there (and this way I can have two sides of the argument haha)

I've looked and avis are the cheapest. Are they any good?

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,682 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I'm giving In...

Avis is fine!

Try to use your car for something not easily accessible by public transportation (i.e. out side the parks).

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
275 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: I'm giving In...

Good for you Jenna - you won't regret it - a drive to the coast would be good

Avis is a reputable rental company

Orlando
Level Contributor
10,163 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I'm giving In...

Avis is a nationwide chain. They are as good as any other.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
827 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I'm giving In...

Thanks for the quick replies :)

We're planning on going to clearwater. How easy is it to drive there for a first timer?

My brother has decided we can do our big sweet shop with it as well lol. He spent $98 on sweets in walmart when he went last year!

Any other reccomendations?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
275 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: I'm giving In...

It's a vey easy drive Jenna as is all driving around Florida

Can't help with sweets though not fussy on American chocolate apart from Ghiradellis in DTD

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
834 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: I'm giving In...

find a few restaurants that you cant get to via publc transport make these a must

trip to the beach

any malls that public transport takes to long to get to.

you will never use the bus again im pretty sure of it. :)

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I'm giving In...

Avis are fab, we use them most years.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
827 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I'm giving In...

We're going to a restaurant called cracker barrel.

I have to be honest and say the only thing that would put me off in the future is paying for parking! That's just the stingy side of me haha.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
47,899 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I'm giving In...

I agree, use the car for beach day, shopping day, maybe a nearby state park day or just a fu day at a Disney waterpark followed by DTD (no parking charges).

Mall at Millenia is hardest to get to, you oucld combine it with one of the premiums.

There are easier beaches to get to than Clearwater (mainly die to traffic), but it is compact once you are there- but you'll have to pay to park. If you just want the beach, and not the whole boardwalk atmosphere there are other beaches to choose from on the gulf side.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
15,012 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I'm giving In...

Florida Mall used to have some candy stores with huge bins of candy you buy per pound and can get partial pounds and mix and match. They also had an M&M store with about 100 different flavors of M&M's. Not sure if both of those are still there, you might google Florida Mall and look at their directory.

Make sure you rent a car with GPS (Sat Nav) so you won't have any problems with directions. Even with that I still like to look at google maps or map quest to get a general idea of the overall route I want to take.