We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just buying tickets without hotel reseervation

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Topic
Just buying tickets without hotel reseervation

Hello All,

I have a question for all those experienced disneyworld goers, what is the rough price for a just a day pass for the park. The week of July 4th my mom's family is having a reunion in Tampa. I want to surprise my mom with a trip to disneyworld, would it be more cost effective to make it like a two day event and stay at one of the parks hotels? Thank you so much

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,051 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Just buying tickets without hotel reseervation

A 1 day ticket is $95 for the Magic Kingdom or $90 for the other 3 parks. Otherwise you buy multiday tickets good for any of the 4 parks with choices from 2 thru 10 days with or without options like Park Hopping - going to more than one park in one day - and Water Parks. It's not until you buy 3 or 4 days that addining additional days becomes very minimal. So 2 days isn't going to save you money. But it might be nice in order to see more especially in July when it will be very hot and crowded. Here is a complete list …go.com/blog/…

Boxborough...
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just buying tickets without hotel reseervation

I would suggest driving over the night before and staying two nights. I've driven from Tampa (Largo) to Disney in the morning and it can be a pain. During holiday weeks, Disney usually has morning Extra Magic Hours at the Magic Kingdom all week and you'll want to be in a Disney resort to take advantage of that.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,467 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just buying tickets without hotel reseervation

We used to do the same type of trip only from the opposite direction..from Daytona.

Trying to drive over in the morning, spend all day at the park, then drive back that night is very challenging and frankly, very exhausting. You wind up fighting falling asleep at the wheel especially on the way back.

We tried it a few years, then finally gave in and decided just to add a couple of days every year to our beach vacations and just stay over near Disney for our Disney days. It's not worth the risk of having a traffic accident due to exhaustion.

4. Re: Just buying tickets without hotel reseervation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2015, 05:20