We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monarch or Thomsons premium.

manchester
Level Contributor
73 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Monarch or Thomsons premium.

Hello I'm looking to book to orlando in sept and both Thomsons and monarch holidays have the hotel we want. I just don't know who to book with normally I go with virgin but they don't do the hotel, looked at travel republic and it still was more expensive . Now it's about the flight do we do Thomsons or monarch premium, we want that little bit of extra space, if we go with monarch it's £300 cheaper but if the premium on monarch is not worth it I would pay the extra to fly with Thomsons . Can anyone give an insight to either premium service please any help is appreciated .

Thankyou . Sharon x

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
275 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Monarch or Thomsons premium.

Price is always the driver for us it's just a flight after all and they are expensive enough :-))

Bletchley, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monarch or Thomsons premium.

Probably neither both fly into Sanford.

bridlington
Level Contributor
724 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monarch or Thomsons premium.

Never been with monarch but we went Thomson 2012 and are going again in May it is expensive for premium but we did enjoy it that's why we're doing it again this year

whatever you choose have a great time

manchester
Level Contributor
73 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Monarch or Thomsons premium.

Thanks for your replies, is Sanford not a good airport? Only ever flew into orlando. Yes I was thinking it's only a flight but I going with my partner who has never been to orlando and he not great at flying lol but he can do 4.5 hrs now and wants to go to orlando , we won't have my son so we thought have a little bit of luxury and bit of extra space . Decisions ,decisions .x

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
824 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Monarch or Thomsons premium.

Its not a bad airport per say but just further out than MCO. However I've heard some prefer it like that as the queue at immigration can be much shorter. I have flew into both sanford and MCO and obv prefer MCO but if the price was much cheaper I would be choosing sanford.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Treasure Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
5,936 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Monarch or Thomsons premium.

Sanford is smaller than MCO, has a quicker turnaround , we fly in on may 5th, usually out to car hire within 35 mins no double handling of luggage, it's got a small duty free but we always fly there, it depends if the price is acceptable to you really, as many say, it's only a plane and the more you save, the more you spend over there....

manchester
Level Contributor
73 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Monarch or Thomsons premium.

Thanks very much for your help, think I prefer a quick turnaround in airport . Quicker to get too the fun haha. I know monarch is cheaper but I think I heading with the Thomsons flight, I don't know why but I think comfort for my partner and they seam to get positive reviews and not many for monarch. X

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Treasure Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
5,936 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Monarch or Thomsons premium.

We are flying with Thomson , my son opted for premium, the seating in cattle is 2-3-2, so I'll see soon enough if I shoulda sprung for comfort !!!

Kent
Level Contributor
6,298 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Monarch or Thomsons premium.

if the thomson flight is on the dreamliner unless you are really tall, then there's no need to go premium, imo, hub is 6-2 and i'm 5-7 and we both had loads of leg room on our flight to mexico. sitting normally we still had at least another 5 inches before our knees were near the seat back.

another alternative is if you could fly into fort lauderdale and drive up is norwegian air, so cheap, i got sept for 420 each, on dreamliner and extra leg room no extra cost and 1 20kg case each

manchester
Level Contributor
73 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Monarch or Thomsons premium.

Yes the Thomson flight is the Dreamliner, I'm only 5-2 partner about 5-6, so ecconomy has plenty of room. Well that's given me another thing to think of. I know we would have to go premium with monarch but if ecconomy on the Dreamliner is better than premium with monarch then will look at that aswell.

Thanks a lot for your help x