We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Absolutely not a tipping question!

Cheshire
Level Contributor
1,589 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Absolutely not a tipping question!

Honest

We are off to Disney soon, with dining plan, I remember reading once on here that there can sometimes be confusion when settling your 'extras' bill at the restaurants. The gist of it was that they had paid for their 'extras' each night with a credit card, but for some nights, their room had also been charged (presumably they had room details for the dining plan).

I wondered if those with experience thought it was better just to charge extras to your room to avoid any duplication, or if this was a rarity?

pa
Level Contributor
54,830 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Absolutely not a tipping question!

We charge any extras and the tip to our room. Each morning we then get a print out from guest services so we can settle any disputes immediately, not there have ever been any, it is all very straightforward that way

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,591 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Absolutely not a tipping question!

We too charge all extras and gratuities to our room. Never had an issue.

There have been a few recent posts with unusual charge issues, however I believe this is a new "magic band" issue, with server not properly trained. I wouldn't worry too much. Use which ever method works for you.

Happy planning!

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
37,744 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Absolutely not a tipping question!

We charge to the room also. No reason not to since you're paying the room charges with a credit card anyway.

Donna

Cheshire
Level Contributor
1,589 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Absolutely not a tipping question!

Great thanks, that works for us. We have a $200 credit as part of our package so I was hoping to charge everything back and settle up at the end of the holiday.

5. Re: Absolutely not a tipping question!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2015, 05:17