We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lynx Central to Disney Resort

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Lynx Central to Disney Resort

We're planning to arrive in Orlando on Megabus at Lynx Central. It's about 20 miles from our hotel at Disney's Pop Century Resort. I wonder if a taxi ride would be cheaper than a Town Car service, which is $70 fixed price. Anyone can make suggestion or even a better way to get there? Thanks!

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,375 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lynx Central to Disney Resort

A taxi would be probably be cheaper but not less than $50 and probably $60-$70 in the end considering mileage and wait time and tip. You are not allowed to take luggage on Disney transportation. You could get Lynx as far as Downtown Disney or the Transportation and Ticket Center and then a less expensive cab. Of course, that's not as efficient as a cab or town car

Worksop, United...
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World, Kissimmee
Level Contributor
10,057 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lynx Central to Disney Resort

If it were me, then I'd save $$$ by taking LYNX service 50 (every 20-30 minutes) from LYNX Central. The fare is $2. This service runs much of its route via the Interstate so isn't much slower than a taxi anyway.

Get off at the roadside stop at DownTown Disney (last stop on Hotel Plaza Blvd) and then take a taxi from there. There are hotels nearby with taxis coming and going - or there is a cab rank a little way into the DownTown Disney complex. That will be a much shorter and hence cheaper cab ride to Pop Century.

Orlando
Level Contributor
10,156 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lynx Central to Disney Resort

As mentioned above, I think your town car is a little more expensive than a taxi. If they are going to meet you and know the schedule for the bus, it might be worth it. I did like it when a driver met me in the baggage claim area of the airport when I returned from the Caribbean.

Mears has a fare estimator on their web site. $50-60 would be my guess unless the traffic is really bad going to the attraction area.

Scan also gave you another alternative if you feel like messing with more busses.

4. Re: Lynx Central to Disney Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2015, 06:18