We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Character breakfast @ Universal

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
102 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Character breakfast @ Universal

Hi just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the character breakfast Universal offer -- I have been looking at the prices for this and for some reason it is very reasonable compared to Disney's prices however will it be a similar experience or would we be better booking the Disney plan ? My Kiddies would be delighted to meet the mickey etc but I know they would be equally excited to meet the minions. Any help would be great thanks

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Character breakfast @ Universal

I've just looked at the prices and unless I'm going bonkers there doesn't seem to be an very big difference between the prices at Disney and Universal. I would choose whichever your kids will enjoy the most.

Just looked again and Chef Mickeys is dearer but the others Ohanas, Crystal palace, Cape May Cafe are all on a par with Universals pricing.

Edited: 25 February 2014, 15:04
East Kilbride...
Level Contributor
651 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Character breakfast @ Universal

We went for the Universal Breakfast. For the five of us (three adult prices and one child price) we paid $103 in July.

For the money spent, we all agreed it was the best value for money we experienced the entire holiday. All the characters came over to our table and spent what seemed like ages with us. The food was good too - plenty of choice. From the restaurant you get great views of the morning parade and you also get priority space at the parade later on in the day.

We had also booked Crystal Palace but when we looked at the menu and the price ( this was dinner and not breakfast) we decided to cancel as we didn't feel it was good value for money. Mind you, we had met Tigger and Pooh the previous day so perhaps that took the shine off it.

paisley
Level Contributor
605 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Character breakfast @ Universal

Where are the universal breakfasts held ? What characters are there thanks

East Kilbride...
Level Contributor
651 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Character breakfast @ Universal

Sorry should have said four adults and one child,

The one in the park is at La Bamba restaurant in Universal Studios. I know they have them in their hotels too but who and when I can't say.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Character breakfast @ Universal

https:/…

paisley
Level Contributor
605 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Character breakfast @ Universal

Thanks uslover

Swansea, Wales
Level Contributor
357 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Character breakfast @ Universal

Gotta say I loved this breakfast although food was the poorest I've had at a character meal. But I see these breakfasts first and foremost as character interaction, where you can get up close, if the food is good then that's a bonus!

Characters seemed to change after 30 mins: there was Gru, Stuart Minion, EB & Patch (hop) then Spongebob, Squidward, Dora & Diego. A cast member was on hand ensuring that every table was visited. All interacted with each table very well and it's low cost is a real factor in me not hesitating going again.

8. Re: Character breakfast @ Universal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2015, 06:16