We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virgin Money Per-paid Card

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North east england
Level Contributor
659 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Virgin Money Per-paid Card

MEANT TO SAY PRE-PAID CARD:

last time we visited USA we used a Thomas Cook pre-paid card and find it useful, we have been looking at the Virgin Money alternative (you get 5% discount on holidays after applying - so helpful for future holidays), most terms and conditions / charges are similar.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience of using these in Orlando? availability of ATM machines, acceptance of card in restuarants / shops?

We are staying in the Hilton at Bonnet Creek. wasn't sure of ATM's within hotel......

Thanks

Edited: 25 February 2014, 15:47
Greater Manchester...
Level Contributor
718 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Virgin Money Per-paid Card

We have never been before (1st trip this April) and would be interested in any advice about the cards too.

North east england
Level Contributor
659 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Virgin Money Per-paid Card

We used the Thomas Cook one while we were in California 2years ago and found it great. This time I noticed the Virgin one because of the discount offered for future holidays. I think they are a good idea, but I know that some people had problems logging on for their balance, etc, must admit we had no problems.

Greater Manchester...
Level Contributor
718 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Virgin Money Per-paid Card

We used one when we went to Disney in Paris and found them ok but wasn't sure about USA. Seems it's the way to go. Thanks for that.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
1,436 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Virgin Money Per-paid Card

Yes they are excepted in Atm's but there will be a small charge for ever time you withdraw.

Greater Manchester...
Level Contributor
718 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Virgin Money Per-paid Card

Oh right. Thanks for that. :)

6. Re: Virgin Money Per-paid Card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2015, 06:24