We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip reports???

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
33 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
trip reports???

Have I missed something lately as there seems to be a total lack of trip reports. I have always managed to learn something about my planned trip by reading them, I ignore the bits I don't like but generally enjoy them.. LiverpoolOllie was the last one in detail. Come on people educate the uneducated and post some trip reports please.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,938 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trip reports???

The constant picking them apart is probably what scares people off. It is a shame. I hope to do one after our trip in a few weeks.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
275 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: trip reports???

I won't be doing one - no one will be interested in mine - we don't do much apart from eating drinking and relaxing

Roll on next Thursday

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trip reports???

I think you're right Macs, Lots of very knowledgeable have left the forum because of the nasty remarks made by the minority about their reports, Basically if you don't like TR's don't read them. It's a shame but I can understand why people don't bother now.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,007 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: trip reports???

I used to write one for almost every trip but doubt I'll ever put myself out there like that on this forum again. Not saying it's better or worse, just a different vibe that I, personally, am not comfortable with.

This remark excepted I've pretty much become a "just the facts" poster these days.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,938 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: trip reports???

Yes so true. I don't open stuff I don't know and if I do I don't comment. I certainly have nothing to add about Esta's so I stay out of it.

Warning in advance on my trip report. We are a large family, oldest daughter is married and it will be our first trip with him. She is also pregnant. Lots of tips on being pregnant in Disney probably. Four of my kids are over 18, the other two are 14 and 9 on this trip. While we are all Disney veterans it will be our first trip to US/IOA unless my daughter who lives in Disney with the Disney college program beats us there. The pregnant daughter and son in law wont be on that part of the trip. It was better to plan it after they left since she can't go on many rides there.

isle of wight
Level Contributor
8,836 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: trip reports???

Stopped my trip reports and trying to help on here after I was accused of being a racist for daring to mention the unbearable behaviour of a certain South American countries tourist around the parks .

Still you cant stay away for ever lol.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,938 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: trip reports???

Its not racist if it is the same tour group that so many complain about. Some cringe at the cheerleader, Pop Warner, Jersey week, Mardi Gras, etc. We did Mardi Gras one year and loved the Mardi Gras crazies!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
275 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: trip reports???

Looking at your profiles you are all seasoned posters and can take the flak

I'm not ready to put myself out there yet - maybe next time :-))

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,007 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: trip reports???

Just because someone can "take" flak doesn't obligate them to post anything. TA is neither my job nor my family. I participate for amusement. When TA ceases to amuse there are plenty of other activities to occupy my time that will. I simply do not enjoy snarkiness, fighting or "humor" that comes at the expense of others. I do recognize everyone's right to engage in those sorts of things, I just chose not to.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,938 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: trip reports???

This has me thinking twice about a report.