We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hollywood studios and Fast Pass+?

Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Topic
Hollywood studios and Fast Pass+?

Hi there,

We are staying on site at a Disney Hotel and we are visiting Hollywood Studios on the day that they offer morning extra magic hours. Just to make sure I'm doing he right thing here..... Because toy story mania is open for the morning extra magic hours, I don't need to worry about making a Fast Pass + reservation do I? I can use my Group A Fast Pass+ selection for beauty and the beast or Fantasmic instead, yes? Same thing with Epcot.... I shouldn't waste a fast pass on Soarin or Test Track if these attractions are going to be open for the morning extra magic hours? We have no interest in riding anything twice, only once! Can someone confirm that it will be safe to skip getting fast passes for the popular attractions if they will be open for the extra magic hours?

Thanks!!

Hampton, UK
Level Contributor
3,820 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hollywood studios and Fast Pass+?

I don't know the answer to your real question, but are equally interested in the answer. However one thing I would point out is my understanding is that a Fastpass for Fantasmic will guarantee you entry, but no guarantee to where you will sit, or even that you will be able to sit together!

Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hollywood studios and Fast Pass+?

Oh really?! That's so annoying! I thought there would be like a priority seating area for people with Fantasmic Fastpasses! I'm really hoping someone out there has the answer to my question as I have to put in our fast pass preferences soon.....

Edited: 26 February 2014, 10:32
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hollywood studios and Fast Pass+?

The easy answer is yes. Good plan. If you intend on being there at opening, and go straight to Toy Story you should have little to no wait and could use the Fastpass+ for something else.

For me, I didn't want to be there at rope drop so I booked a 9:30am Fastpass+ so that I didn't have to worry.

As far as seating in Fantasmic, they are not chairs, they are long benches for lack of a better term so don't worry, you will sit together. Not exactly sure what the Fastpass+ gives you though as far as a benefit.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
442 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hollywood studios and Fast Pass+?

Are you park hopping or just doing one park a day? There are three popular rides at HS. Rock n roller coaster, toy story and tower of terror. They are a bit spread out. So if you get an extra hour in the morning, you may not have enough time to hit all three before rope drop. The FPs are tiered so you would at best be able to choose 2 of the 3. We for instance chose TS and ToT. We went straight to R&Rc at rope drop. Same as Epcot. You have the FPs to use, and what else would you want to use them for? Maybe character meets? I would use a FP for either Soarin or Test Track. You will have no issue getting seats together at Fantasmic, as long as your party enters together.

Level Contributor
1,081 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hollywood studios and Fast Pass+?

I would still use a FP for either Soarin or Test track. Even in EMH both those attractions will be heaving within the first hour.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,542 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hollywood studios and Fast Pass+?

The only advantage to using a Fast Pass for Fantasmic is that you are guaranteed that you will get in the door. During peak seasons, that is important. At other times, not so much. If you want guaranteed reserved seating in a prime location, you need to book the Fantasmic dinner package.

Your plan is a good one. Select your ONE attraction to ride at "rope drop" in the stand-by line and Fast Pass the others. Even at rope drop, you may well have to be in the stand-by line so long, that you will not be able to ride anything else during the EMH hour.

Happy planning!

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
7,709 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hollywood studios and Fast Pass+?

Using one of your FastPass+ options for Beauty and the Beast or Fantasmic would be a waste in my opinion. Shows have a large operating capactity and it is quite easy to get into them if you show up 20 minutes or so early. Use your tier one for either Toy Story Mania or Rockn Roller Coaster and then go immediately to the other upon rope drop. I think you should definitely FastPass the Tower of Terror as well.

Here is one person's take on DHS planning:

easywdw.com/news/…

EPCOT - use your Tier one pick for either Test Track or Soarin' and head straight to the other.

Because of the tiering, that is what everyone is going to be doing. Those rides are going to be mobbed before EMH is even over.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,616 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hollywood studios and Fast Pass+?

Is fast pass available during EMH? I thought during the old system they weren't. Are they now with the new system?

I also wouldn't waste them on shows. Fantasmic, get it at the last minute, stand in the back and run like heck out of there when it's over before the thousands and thousands of people in there start moving...lol (this is what we did and the people in the seats in front of us stood for the whole show anyway)

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,542 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hollywood studios and Fast Pass+?

No Fast Pass+ available during EMH, for now. The Disney tech CM that helped me navigate the on-line booking system did say that EMH Fast Pass+ (both morning and evening) is something they are considering, for the future. He was pretty "in the know" as he gave me the March 9th date for Festival of Fantasy and that date was officially announced a week later.

Edited: 26 February 2014, 21:58
10. Re: Hollywood studios and Fast Pass+?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2015, 06:23