We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando - room deposit!

Gainsborough...
Level Contributor
314 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando - room deposit!

Just read a review for this hotel and they said that the hotel reserves a large amount on your credit/debit card when you arrive. Is this correct?

We have booked a package with Virgin for August 2014 and ideally do not want to pay a room deposit on arrival!

quote - "Be careful, they reserve a large sum against your credit/debit card on arrival and don't tell you! "

Edited: 26 February 2014, 09:19
Cheshire
Level Contributor
5,131 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando - room deposit!

We have stayed here twice with virgin packages as recently as last year, and they didn't ask for our credit/debit cards at all. I think that might apply if you book the hotel separately, but not as a package.

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
17,944 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando - room deposit!

Steve usually they will take a swipe of your card just as hotel policy but if you are booked on a package they won't put a "hold" against it

FRESTER
Level Contributor
593 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando - room deposit!

It really is best to email the hotel directly to put your mind at rest.

Gainsborough...
Level Contributor
314 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando - room deposit!

Yes will email them now!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Treasure Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
5,940 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando - room deposit!

I e mailed them and they said $20 per room deposit to cover incidentals, always left cash in the past never used a CC...

Gainsborough...
Level Contributor
314 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando - room deposit!

Emailed troy at rosen inn and he said that it is not necessary to show a card on arrival if the room is already paid for. You can leave a card for incidentals but it's not necessary.

Iowa
Level Contributor
10,129 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando - room deposit!

I'd take that email with you if this is so important to you.

Gainsborough...
Level Contributor
314 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando - room deposit!

Its not that important to me, just wanted to know.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
671 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando - room deposit!

Stayed there many times and can't ever remember being asked to give them a room deposit. In fact, the only thing I've ever been asked for when checking-in is the booking reference number and a passport for ID. I don't think I've ever been asked for a credit card or any money.

Edited: 26 February 2014, 19:22
Port Huron, Michigan
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando - room deposit!

This is a common thing but some people might be confused on hotel practices. Most hotels - if you are paying with an actual credit card (Visa/Mastercard, etc) do not charge a "deposit" this is because they can put a "hold" on the card - meaning you won't see the money withdrawn but in the case of something happening, they reserve the right to bill the credit card (you will see this in the very fine print when you check in). However, if somebody uses a bank card with the Visa/Mastercard logo - you cannot put a "hold" on these cards so the hotel will take a "deposit" that is returned if nothing is wrong after you leave.

In most cases even if you booked with a bank card - the hotel will let you use a credit card at check in for incidentals.