We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dolphin "resort Fee"

Arlington, Minnesota
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Dolphin "resort Fee"

my travelocity itinerary says there may be a Resort Fee - anyone dealt with this? If i am calculating right, it will be an additional $200 when we check out??? also... anyone have trouble with booking Disney last minute thru travelocity? i found a helluva deal, and am having trouble hitting "send" on the itinerary. ARGH, its a lot of money

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,502 posts
390 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dolphin "resort Fee"

Someone may know, but you could give them a call. I stayed at Nickelodeon Suites and had a $200 resort fee at check in, not check out. It caught me off gaurd and was pretty annoying, but it was listed in the fine print of my travel package through my airline. It was still a pretty good deal staying there, but not as good as I thought.

I'm now very aware of these stupid resort "fees". It would make too much sense to just charge a little more for the room and not stick it too us when we check in.

Edited: 26 February 2014, 13:57
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dolphin "resort Fee"

It's $20 per day - and most of the nicer non-Disney hotels in Florida, Las Vegas, and other resort towns have them.

The Dolphin also charges for parking.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,224 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dolphin "resort Fee"

$20+ tax resort fee

$15+ tax overnight guest parking fee with in and out privileges

Arlington, Minnesota
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dolphin "resort Fee"

is this per person??

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,224 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Dolphin "resort Fee"

per room per day and includes

Unlimited domestic long distance and local calls

Unlimited access to the resort’s health club facilities

In room high-speed Internet access

2 bottles of water daily

Arlington, Minnesota
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Dolphin "resort Fee"

for the upgrade from the Pop resorts to the Dolphin... worth it! they were nearly the same price on a package deal from travelocity. i was pretty happy about that

pa
Level Contributor
54,105 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Dolphin "resort Fee"

If your plan was to stay at a Disney Resort to have the Disney Perks, then no, not worth it, the Dolphin, IMHO is really just a Nice Hotel, one that you can stay in anywhere in the world. If you wanted the whole Disney Experience and have Free Transportation from and back to the Airport, The Disney Plan, Magic Bands and Advance Fast Pass+ options etc then stay at a Disney Resort

When do you hope to visit ? There are discounts at Disney Resorts enough so that you might find your budget gets you an upgrade to a Moderate or even a Deluxe Disney Resort so you have the Perks and not the Extra Fees. Disney Resort Guests Do Not pay for any additional Hotel Fees or Parking charges

Arlington, Minnesota
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Dolphin "resort Fee"

as far as i can see, we still get transportation between the parks & guaranteed park admission along with delivery of packages to our room. We are not parking at the hotel, not getting a car. The shuttle from the airport was only $70 round trip. We have stayed at the budget busters in the past... and while it was fine, this is going to be a treat.

Colorado
Level Contributor
3,610 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dolphin "resort Fee"

In reading this I am still confused. Since the Dolphin is NOT a Disney, and charges a resort fee, why not just stay at a Disney hotel?

Arlington, Minnesota
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Dolphin "resort Fee"

for me its because its the best deal i could find online 14 days out without staying way off the WDW grounds. Even adding on the $80 resort fee and $70 airport shuttle. we still get transportation between all the parks included, and the parks is our main focus anyway, wont be lounging much by the hotel pool. We even have a view of the Epcot fireworks every night. altho we plan to be at a park each night till closing. Also, we are only going to be there 5 days.

Also, in talking to people about the dolphin, i have heard its really nice, and feels like Disney, cuz you are steps from Disney (and miles & miles from home). And honestly, we will be ok without the character themed bedding and lobbies.