We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Universals Cabana Bay for $1,000 less?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
pa
Level Contributor
522 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Universals Cabana Bay for $1,000 less?

The resort is not complete so we are kindof reserving "site unseen", but we decided to stay on site instead of a larger 2 bedroom, 2 bath villa Marriott timeshare for the 5 of us. We did add on the unlimited express to the package and it is $1,000 less than Portofino Bay. We really would have liked to have stayed at Portofino or Royal Pacific but couldn't pass on the $1,000 price difference. The cons are there is not a waterway, so we would have to take the bus over to Universal and they couldn't tell us if there was a walkway to pool hop or visit the other resorts. Anyone else stay at a resort that wasn't finished yet?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
12,172 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Universals Cabana Bay for $1,000 less?

Im not sure Id book something brand new. New stuff tends to have kinks that need to be worked out. Can they tell you where the bus will drop off at ? I suspect it will be near the entrance to City Walk and then you'll need to walk into the parks or to the area to catch the boat.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
16,978 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Universals Cabana Bay for $1,000 less?

orlandoinformer.com/universal/…

here's some good info, looks like there's a walkway to the parks from cabana bay :)

(of course, if you're willing to buy the unlimited express pass, then you could do that and stay at the Marriot)

Edited: 26 February 2014, 21:41
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
347 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Universals Cabana Bay for $1,000 less?

I live just down the road from Cabana Bay and drive by it daily. The one building is almost done and it looks nice. The buildings they are still working on are further down. I doubt you will really even notice that it isn't 100% complete. Is the pool open? You can't see that from the road. My guess is that will be open. The pool plans look really nice. This resort is actually behind the park (on Turkey Lake Rd) by the administrative offices. So it is easy access to the park and to shopping and dining in the area. I can't wait to check it out. Staying on property is always worth it just for proximity and express passes.

Bermagui, Australia
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Universals Cabana Bay for $1,000 less?

I'd most certainly book a hotel that isn't completed yet especially with Universal or Disney. You know that what they offer is already good so why not. I couldn't justify $1000 extra just because that resort has been around for longer.

I'm sure Cabana Bay will be fantastic!

5. Re: Universals Cabana Bay for $1,000 less?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2015, 05:19