We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Souvenirs you have loved or kept ?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
canada
Level Contributor
214 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Souvenirs you have loved or kept ?

I was using my Shamu Sea World towel and thought What kind of Souvenirs do you have that you love, that you use or keep around to look at? Oh and by the way I had my towel hanging on my wall for the longest time, I bought it when i was 18 ( over 20 years ago) and never even used it as a towel until i got married. lol.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Souvenirs you have loved or kept ?

So many things I couldn't even start to make a list!! lol

isle of wight
Level Contributor
8,836 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Souvenirs you have loved or kept ?

We brought Figment from Journey into Imagination in 1983 our daughter had to have one it is nearly 2 foot high and is interactive my daughter still had it up to her death at 23 now our granddaughter has it and its a greatly loved member of our family :)

Cheshire
Level Contributor
812 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Souvenirs you have loved or kept ?

Hi

My souvenirs that I have loved are my daughters face when she first saw "Spectromagic" (1991) Then the way she chose her Pluto Plush from the shelf. These memories are priceless and will be with me always.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,082 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Souvenirs you have loved or kept ?

I still have a "Pooh bear" from my first visit to WDW in 1975 just before my 10th birthday.

However, my "best kept" items are all my old park guides and my old ticket stubs, including some from that first trip. Never had any "E" tickets left over or even any "D" or "C" ones left from those early trips, but I have a few "A" and "B" tickets left.

scotland
Level Contributor
368 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Souvenirs you have loved or kept ?

On our first visit in 1990 our daughter bought some little Disney teaspoons, with pics of the characters on the handle, to take back to her friends. There were a couple left over which we kept and now, after daily use, 23 years later, they are still as bright and good as new. Wow Disney, that's good quality!

Boxborough...
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Souvenirs you have loved or kept ?

I've been getting into pressed pennies. Inexpensive and personal.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
3,646 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Souvenirs you have loved or kept ?

I have stuff in just about every room... From the little musical boxes to towels and Disney spoon rests. hell even the dog has a mickey mouse which she loves.

Even so, its no wonder our cases are always over weight....

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
3,459 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Souvenirs you have loved or kept ?

We still have a 'Rocky and Bullwinkle' mug from Universal Studios with our son's name on it from 1992. It's still in daily use although the colours have faded slightly due to being in the dishwasher. Hubby has tried to consign it to the bin (trash) on many occasions but one of us always rescues it.

I also have a towel from Busch Gardens with a white tiger on it. It has never been used but my youngest son had it on his wall when he was at Uni. (I think it was used to cover a mark on the wall)!! The garage is full of refillable cups from SeaWorld.

Regards,

Deaconblue

Edited: 27 February 2014, 20:56
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Souvenirs you have loved or kept ?

I had a Disney dollar from my pushchair days that I kept for almost 20 years but it was stolen when the house was burgled, the thieving swines!

Can you still get the Disney dollar? Might hire a pushchair just for that when I go back!

isle of wight
Level Contributor
8,836 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Souvenirs you have loved or kept ?

THE TOP TEN SIGNS YOU HAVE AN UNHEALTHY DISNEY OBSESSION

10. You know how many hairs are on the leg of the drunken pirate sitting on the bridge.

9. You have more Disney movies than Blockbuster.

8. Your favorite song is "Zippity-Doo-Dah".

7. When you hear people talking about "the underprivileged", you assume they are referring to those who have to stay off-site.

6. You refer to Wal-Mart and McDonald's employees as "cast members".

5. You've added spires and turrets to the roof of your house.

4. You tried to pay your electric bill with Disney Dollars.

3. Your children's names are Ariel and Alladin.

2. You pray that nobody will ever discover your dirty little secret: That you sneak out of bed in the middle of the night, logon to the internet, and drool over online pictures of WDW.

1. You're reading this