We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Be Our Guest"? To be or not to be, around Easter...?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
1,485 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
"Be Our Guest"? To be or not to be, around Easter...?

Hi All :-)

We're considering WDW over Virginia for Spring vacation, the week of April 20th but are concerned if it will be a complete, total, crazy ZOO! Lol

Also, if we decide to go into the zoo anyways, do we stay at a Disney property with the 6 year old or off property. If off-ste, is LBV area best or other?

If we stay on-site, we probably won't rent car and will rely on Disney transportation.

We've been to WDW twice in the last 20 years, last time over 10 years ago but never on property.

If we stay on site, which resort? We want a nice one with a good location and proximity to activities and dining. Perhaps near Epcot or Downtown Disney?

All advice is appreciated, thanks!

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,470 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: "Be Our Guest"? To be or not to be, around Easter...?

It will be a zoo, however it is a fun zoo! Best to stay on-site, for ease to/from the parks, DTD, etc. and mainly to pre-book your 3 Fast Pass+. These will be very important during the busy Easter season!

You are very late in booking, so resorts and dining will be limited. Not sure of your budget, so here are my selections in all three categories:

Value: Pop Century (dedicated bus)

Moderate: Port Orleans Riverside (boat to DTD)

Deluxe: Beach Club (closest to Epcot)

As you have not mentioned Magic Kingdom as being important, I've not included the monorail resorts. If MK and monorail is important, the Polynesian has the easiest transportation.

Easter dining reservations opened last November. The only way you will get an ADR for BOG, is if someone cancels. Check every day and perhaps you will snag this venue. Otherwise go at lunch, where reservations are not accepted. On-site guests can use a Fast Pass for BOG lunch.

If you are serious about this trip, BOOK Resort and DINING today! Then sign up for "My Disney Experience" and book your fast passes. Easter Fast Passes have been booking for two weeks.

Good luck!

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,485 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Be Our Guest"? To be or not to be, around Easter...?

It seems that SO much has changed with the Fast pass, dining reservations and such that I don't want to book and not be able to get the attractions and dining venues that we want, so we may be best off doing more research and waiting until next Spring.

Thanks a lot travelfan...!

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,470 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: "Be Our Guest"? To be or not to be, around Easter...?

Sorry to have talked you out of your trip, however you may be happier with extra time to research and plan. Hope you have a magical holiday, wherever it may be!

4. Re: "Be Our Guest"? To be or not to be, around Easter...?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 02 March 2014, 16:47
Boston...
Level Contributor
1,485 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: "Be Our Guest"? To be or not to be, around Easter...?

I haven't even booked airfare any where travelfan!

I appreciate your input here and on this forum. I just cannot seem to decide on an April vacation plan, and that's NOT like me LOL.

That's why we may just drive the 9 hours to Williamsburg, VA. area which is nice, fun and historic.

To quote AS, "I'll be back" meaning this forum, haha

Thanks!

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,669 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: "Be Our Guest"? To be or not to be, around Easter...?

I wouldn't suggest Easter time anyway. Have you considered August? I know some feel it's too hot and humid for them, but we've gone mid August a few times and manage just fine (it's hot here, so going from hot to hot isn't a problem for us, one time it was actually hotter here than Orlando..lol). We always get ourselves to the pool for a couple of hours in the afternoon. Just wanted to throw this out there :)

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,470 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: "Be Our Guest"? To be or not to be, around Easter...?

We love Williamsburg, too. Also a happy place. Enjoy!

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,485 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: "Be Our Guest"? To be or not to be, around Easter...?

Thanks travelfan, and @ princess, We've been the last week of August, and it's not as crazy busy as many kids are already back in school, we don't go back until after Labor Day.

But, we literally got out of dodge the day before a hurricane hit! Thanks :-)

East Greenbush, New...
Level Contributor
533 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: "Be Our Guest"? To be or not to be, around Easter...?

We were there last Easter and although it was very busy, we knew it would be and we anticipated long lines. To be honest, we didn't think it was as bad as everyone made it out to be but I guess we've never done Disney at a "quiet" time so I have nothing to compare it to.

We did Easter Sunday "brunch" at Be Our Guest at about 11:00 and had a beautiful Easter dinner at Narcoosee's followed by watching the fireworks from the beach. We loved it. We stayed at the Polynesian - one of our favorites.

I'm sure you will be able to get reservations at one of the Disney resorts and I'm also sure you will still be able to book many sit down meals as well. You may need to be flexible with times for meals but you will be able to find times that are suitable at many restaurants. I say go for it!

10. Re: "Be Our Guest"? To be or not to be, around Easter...?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2015, 07:23