We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel question-6 people

s.e. missouri
Level Contributor
61 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
hotel question-6 people

we went to disney 2 years ago and stayed at the contemporary in adjoining rooms for a week and it was ok,we are going back to disney in a few months and have booked hilton orlando lake buena vista in the 1300 sq ft 2 bedroom suite with 3 bathrooms,dining table and living room,we are having second thoughts not staying at a disney hotel and are considering polynesian and also contemporary again,am i worrying for nothing about the hilton ?

Mentioned in this post
Hilton Orlando
Hilton Orlando
5,639 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,588 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel question-6 people

No experience with the Hilton.

If you are interested in all of the Disney perks (especially early booking of Fast Pass+, Free airport transfers, extra park hours, etc.) you could look into the Disney villa resorts. Contemporary Bay Lake Towers, Grand Floridian Villas, and Wilderness Lodge Villas are all in the Magic Kingdom area; with access to their home resort pools, dining, transport, etc. These are all in the "deluxe" category. There are several other villa properties for less money, if easy access to MK is not a requirement.

In the "moderate" category, The Cabins at Fort Wilderness sleep 6, with a separate bedroom and full kitchen. Short boat ride to Magic Kingdom. Or two rooms at any value, moderate or deluxe resort will provide all of the magical extras available to resort guests only.

Happy planning!

Mentioned in this post
Hilton Orlando
Hilton Orlando
5,639 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Disney's Grand Floridian...
4,650 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Magic Kingdom Park
Magic Kingdom Park
59,533 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Ventnor City, New...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando
Level Contributor
4,462 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel question-6 people

If part of what you loved about staying at Contemporary was the wonderful convenience of walking to and from Magic Kingdom, or jumping on a monorail inside your hotel to transfer to another monorail to get to Epcot, then yes, you may regret staying offsite.

But let's face it, if Disney never built any hotels, people would still have GREAT Disney World vacations, right? :-) So it's not like you won't have a great time staying at the Hilton ... it's just that, in my opinion, you'll have an even better time staying on-site.

Mentioned in this post
Magic Kingdom Park
Magic Kingdom Park
59,533 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Hilton Orlando
Hilton Orlando
5,639 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
19,673 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel question-6 people

You're worrying for nothing. You'll love having the space. Millions of people stay off site and have great vacations, and they continue to stay off site. When we where just there in Dec., we were on site, my niece and her hubby and two kids stayed off site in a condo timeshare (2 bedrooms, 2 baths, washer/dryer right in there, kitchen, and no she didn't cook!!!) and loved it and laughed when she saw my hotel room. Staying on site is not for everyone. Do what's best for your family/group :)

Tellico Plains...
Level Contributor
637 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel question-6 people

First I see you are speaking of the amount of room offered at this resort. Do you plan on cooking here as well? I did not see anything about a kitchen. Also how old are the people in your party? What was it about the trip two years ago that just made staying at the Contemporary "OK" ?

My response: If I had paid Deluxe price to stay at Disney world resort and just came back feeling that it was "ok" I would never consider staying at that resort again.

If you have grand Parents as well as children staying with you maybe consider staying in a moderate resort with three rooms so that children have a room and adults have a private room. This would still be cheaper than 2 Deluxe room.

Call the hotel directly and check to see what the daily fee is. I have listen to co-workers talk about getting their Orlando hotel only to find out that they are a $ fee additional to what they have already paid. Then on top of that they was paying to park at Disney. This cost could easily add up to $50 extra a day for nothing.

If you think you are going to compare this trip to the last trip you should really consider staying at Disney.

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
s.e. missouri
Level Contributor
61 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel question-6 people

this is myself and wife and our 4 kids ages,18,16,11,and 11 .

the reason i said contemporary was just ok was even though we had adjoining rooms it still was a little cramped,also we did universal studios a day last time and plan on it again as well as all the disney parks,i guess my worry is being out of the 'heart of disney"

s.e. missouri
Level Contributor
61 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel question-6 people

also flying not driving so no car to park

Tellico Plains...
Level Contributor
637 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel question-6 people

With no car I would consider staying on site. If you are dependent on non Disney bus to get you there and back you might really be confined to specific times. Check the hotel schedule and have a plan of what you are doing if the bus is full. If I'm correct the hotel is close to DTD? That might help. You might still consider getting three rooms at a moderate that should allow for plenty of room. Staying onsite would also save the cost of getting to and from the airport.

Have fun!

8. Re: hotel question-6 people

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2015, 07:16