We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Only 3 days in Disney World, which theme parks to visit????

Lajord
Level Contributor
37 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Only 3 days in Disney World, which theme parks to visit????

My husband and I have only 3 days during the first week in August, to visit Disney World. We plan on staying in the park. (Probably New Orleans Riverside) We love trill rides, water rides and fireworks. I have been told that we would not be able to see all 4 theme parks in just 3 days. Which one of the theme park would you recommend us to cut? Or what theme park would be your first pick for us? I am guessing we wouldn't need to purchase a hopper pass, as we would only have 1 day in each park. Thanks

pa
Level Contributor
54,413 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Only 3 days in Disney World, which theme parks to visit????

I am usually not a fan of the Park Hopper but in your case I would suggest it, if in the budget. 1 full day for Magic Kingdom, 1 full day for Epcot and on the 3rd day, visit Animal Kingdom in the am and Hollywood Studios in the pm. If not, then I would leave out Hollywood Studios ( that was a hard choice ;) On the day you visit Animal Kingdom, you can then spend the evening at Downtown Disney or just enjoying your Resort, the Animal Kingdom closes earliest of the 4 Parks.

Port Orleans Riverside is great, enjoy

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3173085

There should be some nice discounts for August, a pretty good time to visit

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Only 3 days in Disney World, which theme parks to visit????

I agree with one day at MK and one at Epcot. If you don't split one day between Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios, I would vote to skip Animal Kingdom, as I think of it as a not particularly large zoo with a few thrill rides. I am not sure where Lajord is (I looked on Google, and see that there is a town of that name in Saskatchewan), but if you have a good zoo anywhere near you (or if you have been to a good zoo recently, even if not close to your house), then you should definitely see Hollywood Studios, as the attractions there are not the kind of things you commonly find elsewhere.

Edited: 02 March 2014, 02:34
Lajord
Level Contributor
37 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Only 3 days in Disney World, which theme parks to visit????

Thanks for your suggestions, you both have just confirmed my thoughts on which theme parks we must see. After reading your suggestions I have also decided to change my mind and get a 3 day hopper pass. (just in case we can fit the two parks in one day) I see that on one of the day we are there that Animal Kingdom is open an hour early and Hollywood Studios will be open two hours later. This will be the day we will try and fit the two parks in. (See Animal Kingdom in the morning and Hollywood Studios in the afternoon/evening.) I have read that you should try and avoid the parks that offer early or later times because the % of people will be higher in these parks for the day and you probably spend more time in line ups thus seeing less........so this is a concern of mine. Also the time being "wasted" travelling from one park to the other park. But really, how much time would be "wasted" travelling from Animal Kingdom to Hollywood? We were planning on returning our rent a car when we arrived to Orlando because we are staying inside the park. This was just an idea to help us save some money. Or should we consider keeping our rent a car for the 4 days we are in Disney? (Keeping the car for the extra 4 days is going to add another 400.00 to our car rental)

pa
Level Contributor
54,413 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Only 3 days in Disney World, which theme parks to visit????

We never have a rental car, would 1) rather spend the money on more fun things 2) the Disney's transportation system works just fine, we always get to and from everywhere there is to go 3) we on holiday, not driving is bliss

The ride from Animal Kingdom to Hollywood Studios is only about 15 minutes, at most, not a big deal considering Disney Property is 47 square miles

We Always take advantage of the extra magic hours, love it, never find it overly crowded, just the opposite in fact

As a side note, the Animal Kingdom is Nothing like a Zoo, IMHO of course :)

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Only 3 days in Disney World, which theme parks to visit????

Partypa and others have long disagreed with me about the zoo characterizatrion. However, as is the case with any zoo, I think you are better going to AK in the morning and doing the safari ride (a "must do" activity, so get a fast pass plus) as the animals tend to me more active when it is cooler out.

I do agree with partypa that you should not worry about a rental car when you are at WDW if you are staying onsite and will only be there for a few days (plus the money you save by turning it in sooner will buy a lot of food and souvenirs). As I recall, you can get a bus directly from AK to the other parks, so you don't need a rental car for that.

toronto
Level Contributor
362 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Only 3 days in Disney World, which theme parks to visit????

All this being said,, the day you choose to do 2 parks my suggestion would be to book fastpasses for the second park. If AK in the am, at rope drop goto Everest first then over to Safari. After that you can do the park as you like, those two would have the biggest lines, but Safari in the am would not be as big as Everest.

Then if going to DHS , book TSM as a fastpass and 2 others that you would like. Don't book one for Fantasmic if there are 2 shows, just go to the late show and no worries about getting there too early

Lajord
Level Contributor
37 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Only 3 days in Disney World, which theme parks to visit????

OK it's official, we won't be keeping the car while in Orlando.:)

Thanks for the tip to see the Everest first then head over to do the Safari. This will save is some standing in line time. Meaning more time at DHS.

Thanks for taking some time out of your day to help me out. Your suggestions have saved us time and money. Much appreciated.

8. Re: Only 3 days in Disney World, which theme parks to visit????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2015, 05:18