We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Disney in 3 1/2 days. No kids.

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lafayette, Louisiana
6 posts
Save Topic
Help! Disney in 3 1/2 days. No kids.

We are a couple in our mid twenties arriving at Disney World on June 3rd, 2014. The only issue is we are only staying for 3 and a half days. June 3rd will be our half day.. hopefully. In your opinion, what is the best schedule for a couple with no kids?

I am trying to decide on what parks to go to and if it is worth paying for the Park hopper pass to go to an extra park.

People have been saying that you can do HS and AK in one day? Is this true?

Would it be a mistake to cut Magic Kingdom out of our trip altogether? (Even though I don't want to!)

Also, any recommendations for two adults going to Disney by themselves? Is it worth leaving the parks early to go around to all the resorts for dinner, bars, etc?

I would greatly appreciate any input. Thanks in advance.

pa
Level Contributor
54,002 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! Disney in 3 1/2 days. No kids.

I would head to Magic Kingdom for your first Half Day

Day two, a full Day at Epcot

Day three, a full day at Hollywood Studios

Day four, 3/4 of a day at Animal Kingdom ( it closes earlier then the other Parks anyway )

Spend your last late afternoon and evening relaxing pool side, perhaps a visit to downtown Disney for dinner and a stroll

Where will you be staying ?

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
6,686 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! Disney in 3 1/2 days. No kids.

What are your interests, as in the sort of attractions that you want to experience? Are you a roller coaster person, do you like to watch shows, view animals, cultural movies, peruse shops from around the world?

If you don't care to sit through shows then it might be quite easy to condense your days as that is a large piece of Animal Kingdom, EPCOT, and Hollywood Studios. If thrill rides aren't for you then Hollywood Studios can definitely be done in half a day, by cutting those out and presumably the Disney Junior stuff.

On a trip that short I wouldn't leave the parks for dinner/drinks at the hotels unless dining is important to you. EPCOT has a lot of options for quick service dinners/drinks that are unique.

I wouldn't cut out the Magic Kingdom. That is the essence of Disney if you have never been before. There are things to be trimmed out of the other parks before you resort to that.

Edited: 03 March 2014, 20:44
Lafayette, Louisiana
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help! Disney in 3 1/2 days. No kids.

Thanks!

We will be staying at Coronado Springs Resort. I did want to try and fit Downtown Disney in the trip and was trying to figure that one in.

We are def more into the roller coasters and rides rather than the shows, although I wouldn't mind seeing a couple.

Would you suggest doing a full day at Epcot, Magic Kingdom, and Animal Kingdom... then doing a half day at Hollywood Studios? Is it possible to get through most of the fun rides in half of a day?

pa
Level Contributor
54,002 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help! Disney in 3 1/2 days. No kids.

Just rides, yes, you can get round to all by mid afternoon if you get to the Parks early and you prebook your Fast Pass + options

Check the Park Hours, we like to take advantage of the evening extra magics, plan out the Park of the day bass on those, then make ADRs ( advance dining reservations ) for Dinner at the Park of the day or at a near by Resort To the Park of the day, saves transport time but if you don't plan to stay late, it doesn't matter where you eat. If you don't stay late however, you'll miss the Fireworks at Magic Kingdom, Illuminations at Epcot and Fantasmic at Hollywood Studios

www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/hours.htm

Coronado Springs is lovely, enjoy

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3023399

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,593 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help! Disney in 3 1/2 days. No kids.

I agree with partypa, the fireworks at MK and Illuminations at Epcot should be a must. Enjoy!

6. Re: Help! Disney in 3 1/2 days. No kids.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2015, 06:16