We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice restaurant to send someone as a surprise

London
2 posts
Save Topic
Nice restaurant to send someone as a surprise

Hi,

I am looking to send my dad and his girlfriend to a nice restaurant in the International drive / kissimee / lake buena vista area, as a thank you for taking me away.

Are there any restaurants that you could suggest they is not too pricey but serves really good food and has a good atmosphere.

If there are any restaurants the offer a set menu that can be paid for in advance this will be even better so I can pay for this before they go.

Thanks

Special Offer
Coca-Cola Orlando Eye, Madame...
14 reviews
from US$51.99*
US$87.87
Special Offer
The Coca-Cola Orlando Eye Admission
53 reviews
from US$25.99*
US$29.29
Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
1,732 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice restaurant to send someone as a surprise

Have you had a search on the restaurants tab?

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurants-g34515-Orlando…

This would be much better to give you a better selection as you can select your budget too.

Chatham's Place is really nice and while is a little more expensive than a general, it is much cheaper than Victoria & Albert's. Do have a look and see though :-) and if you need any advice on picking between 2 or 3 then post back and we can help you then :-)

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
17,442 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice restaurant to send someone as a surprise

Seasons 52 does everything right and they are moderately priced. They are our default special occasion restaurant. Look at their reviews: tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g34515-d42…

Florida City...
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice restaurant to send someone as a surprise

There are many nice hotels or restaurants wherever you can enjoy a variety of dining options. You're looking for a romantic rendezvous, you should to be send Universal Studios Florida Restaurants at Universal Orlando. It is perfect spot and good location with nice services.

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice restaurant to send someone as a surprise

Orlando Vic, are Seasons 52 family friendly? I can't see a kids menu on their site.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
17,442 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice restaurant to send someone as a surprise

It's a special occasion restaurant. I have seen a few children there, but they were very well behaved. I wouldn't call it a family restaurant, but they are not discouraging children either. Sorry if that sounds vague.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,450 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Nice restaurant to send someone as a surprise

Seasons 52 was a nice moderately priced suggestion.

"Do you have a Children’s Menu?

While Seasons 52 does not have a specific Children’s Menu, we do offer child-friendly foods including cheese flatbread, grilled chicken, and market fresh vegetables."

You won't see too many kids there, but certainly allowed.

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nice restaurant to send someone as a surprise

Not at all, thanks for letting me know. I had bookmarked it previously but had a proper look at the site today when I noticed there was no kids menu. DS is 9 and very accustomed to eating out ( lol, that makes us sound as if we are never in!) and is well behaved but think we'll probably give it a miss unfortunately. We are planning on having one special occasion meal in Roy's so two might be pushing it a bit!

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
17,442 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nice restaurant to send someone as a surprise

If DS is as you describe, I think Seasons 52 would be fine.

Orlando
Level Contributor
10,775 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nice restaurant to send someone as a surprise

Many of the chains (Seasons is a Darden chain) have gift cards that you can buy. Sometimes you can even find them at Publix. I also like Bonefish Grill which has a Sand Lake Rd location. They also have gift cards.

Both will have menus online.

Edited: 05 March 2014, 13:20
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
9,056 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Nice restaurant to send someone as a surprise

Roy's is excellent ... very nice ambience.