We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

International Drive & safety

Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
International Drive & safety

We are staying at the Crowne Plaza on Universal Blvd is it easy to get to international drive from here also what restaurants are good for fussy eaters.

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
479 Reviews
from US$54.99*
Kennedy Space Center, Everglades...
190 Reviews
from US$128.99*
Crystal River Snorkeling, Everglades...
131 Reviews
from US$118.99*
Special Offer
Coca-Cola Orlando Eye, Madame...
17 Reviews
from US$51.99*
West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
185 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: International Drive & safety

Its not ideal but its safe as houses. That area is prob one of the safest areas in the world.

Im a fussy eater and there is every choice of food option on Idrive. You will be best getting a Cab or the Iride down to Point Orlando for loads of choices in walking distance... the top end of I drive is the tacky end with much more fast food and "Fries with everything"

County Galway...
Level Contributor
2,801 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: International Drive & safety

Short walk to I drive loads of restaurant choice near you.

Level Contributor
10,930 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: International Drive & safety

It is very easy if you drive or take a taxi. You can't walk from there because of a very, very busy highway with six lanes + turning lanes. You should have bus service from there too. Look at Lynx and the I Ride Trolley.

"Good for fussy eaters"? I don't know what "fussy eaters" eat. I would start by looking at the Pointe Orlando restaurants and using Google to search in "Restaurant Row" which is an area on Sand Lake Rd with lots of options.

You have TGI Fridays at you hotel. Millers is walkable. Outback is close, but I wouldn't walk for traffic reasons. For good food and good beer selection, Bloodhound Brew is about a mile and a half up the road too.

Also, look in City Walk. You have lots of options there. Make sure you use the crosswalk if you walk.

Edited: 05 March 2014, 12:36
Level Contributor
10,930 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: International Drive & safety

I'm sorry. I thought you were at the one AT Universal on Major Blvd.

Worksop, United...
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World, Kissimmee
Level Contributor
10,198 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: International Drive & safety

Confirming - it's an easy and short walk to Int. Drive where there are plenty of eateries etc., and frequent bus routes to get your further than you may want to walk. Any of: I-Ride Red, LYNX 8 and LYNX 42 will get you southwards at least as far as "Pointe" (which is probably as far as you need go) or north up to Premium Outlets. And back again. LYNX 8 runs till after midnight on Mon-Fri nights.

6. Re: International Drive & safety

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2015, 06:26
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now