We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling to Lake Mary/Orlando, Florida

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
17 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling to Lake Mary/Orlando, Florida

Hello my fellow traveler's!,

I am traveling to Lake Mary, Florida 3/19-3/24 and just wanted some ideas on what there is to do and see. I am open for activities during the day as, I will be alone. (my man is in training until 4pmish). As for the evening, is there cool bars or other nightlife around the area for us? I am from Phoenix and our bars close at 2am, does anyone know if that is same for Florida? I see that Orlando seems to be the closest big city so ideas for Orlando, if there is nothing for Lake Mary will be also helpful. Basically, I want us to get the most we can out of this vacation and who better to ask then all of you.... Thank you!

Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
4,087 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling to Lake Mary/Orlando, Florida

Lake Mary is a bedroom community about 20 miles due North of Orlando. Between that and bordering some fairly affluent areas to the West (Heathrow/Markham Woods Road), it tends to be somewhat on the sedate side. There aren't really any attractions unless you like golfing.

We are kind of to have a bunch of nice restaurants and bar/restaurants, although again they tend to be kind of on the sedate side. They're concentrated in an open air mall called Town Park and in a faux downtown area Lake Mary is putting together. For places in Town Park, take a look at Liam Fitzpatrick's, Graffiti Junktion, World of Beer, Amura's, and the Vinyard Wine Company. I've never been to any of the restaurants in Lake Mary's downtown, but you could take a look at Lonie's Fusion Cuisine to start off with. And, there are a bunch of additional places scattered around.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,261 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling to Lake Mary/Orlando, Florida

" I am open for activities during the day as, I will be alone. (my man is in training until 4pmish)."

Sanford is the adjacent community. Here is one idea.

Rivership Barbara Lee

http://stjohnsrivershipco.com/

Orlando
Level Contributor
9,974 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling to Lake Mary/Orlando, Florida

The beach is less than an hour up the road. Blue Springs in Orange City, Wekiwa Springs in Apopka

If you want to do the theme park thing, Universal is about 30 minutes (if you miss rush hour, otherwise it is hell). Disney is about 45 minutes assuming you don't hit rush hour.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
17 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling to Lake Mary/Orlando, Florida

Thank you so much! This helps a lot! I really appreciate it.

5. Re: Traveling to Lake Mary/Orlando, Florida

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2015, 04:19