We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Extras worth paying for - suggestions please!

London, UK
Level Contributor
6 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Extras worth paying for - suggestions please!

My fiance and I are spending 10 days in Orlando as part of our honeymoon in August. For our wedding gift registry we've done a list of things people can pay towards for our honeymoon, but are realising we haven't got enough on there!

Does anyone have any suggestions of things to do in Orlando - either in the parks or not - that are worth paying for? Particularly shows, excursions, places to eat etc that we could put on the list? At the moment we have things like the backstage safari at Animal Kingdom, Mickey's backyard BBQ, a round of butterbeers at Harry Potter World....

Price doesn't matter too much as we can divide each item up into smaller chunks. We just need to find some things to put on the list as it's difficult to find out what costs extra and what doesn't in the theme parks....

All suggestions gratefully received :) Thank you!

Berkshire, United...
Level Contributor
389 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Extras worth paying for - suggestions please!

How about a boat cruise to watch the fireworks. You can do this at Magic Kingdom or Epcot.

If you dont mind heights - the Characters in Flight attraction at Downtown Disney gives you breathtaking views accross the whole disney complex.

I am sure there are lots of others - if I think of anymore I will let you know!

Edited: 11 March 2014, 10:08
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
455 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Extras worth paying for - suggestions please!

What about a helicopter ride over the I-drive area, gives you an unbeatable view of all the parks. We you Tubed this the other night and it looks amazing. Something very special for your honeymoon.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,511 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Extras worth paying for - suggestions please!

How about dinner for two at some special dining venues? At Disney, I would suggest Narcoossee's, Artist Point, Brown Derby and Jiko. Others will have off-site suggestions.

Happy Honeymoon!

canada
Level Contributor
214 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Extras worth paying for - suggestions please!

Cirque dude soliel or blue man group?

paisley
Level Contributor
605 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Extras worth paying for - suggestions please!

What about discovery cove or ifly , a caracter meal if your doing sea world maybe the dine with shamu or behind the scenes x

Bermagui, Australia
Level Contributor
2,166 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Extras worth paying for - suggestions please!

Horse Drawn Carriage Ride at the Fort Wilderness Resort is always nice (and romantic too!) maybe Parasailing?

Wales, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Extras worth paying for - suggestions please!

I've seen a few people talk about the aftetnoon tea at Disneys Grand floridian Resort, & judging from videos looks like a nice little treat. We're looking at doing it on our next treat as a little treat, as it's not cheap.

Something else you might like to do is pop into guest relation's in the the magic kingdom & pick up a badge that says your on you honeymoon. Cast members will sometimes do little extras for you. From what I've seen it can range from a simple congratulations to free stuff. Not guaranteed of course, & Im not 100% on where you pick up the badge, but I know its on Main Street in MK.

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Extras worth paying for - suggestions please!

Have a look on www.visitorlando.com, for more ideas on what to do

London, UK
Level Contributor
6 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Extras worth paying for - suggestions please!

Great ideas, thanks everyone! Will definitely look into the afternoon tea and horse drawn carriage ride :)

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Extras worth paying for - suggestions please!

We really liked the Hoop dee Doo dinner show - I heard better things about it than the backyard bbq (which we didn't go to). We also really liked the character breakfast at Tusker House.