We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fastpass +

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
133 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
fastpass +

Sorry if this question has been asked to death but I'm still a little confused after researching things.

Can you still walk up a ride in a park and get a fast pass for that day? or will they all have been pre booked beforehand...

Also is the pre booking of fastpass's only available for those staying at a disney resort?

thanks

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,650 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fastpass +

There are fastpass+ kiosks all over the place. You go to one of them and make your selections. The number you can make depends on which which park. If there are more than just you going you can set up a group so everyone gets the same fastpass times. As to will they all be gone, a lot would depend on when you make your choices. Late in the day they might be gone, early, probably not.

No you do not have to be staying at a Disney resort and you do not need a magic band, your normal ticket works in the system.

Edited: 11 March 2014, 11:44
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fastpass +

The old Fastpass machines, that were located adjacent to major rides and dispensing passes exclusively for that ride, are now gone. They are replaced by dispersed kiosks that allocate times for multiple rides, so you don't have to walk all around collecting all your times. The new system does not use paper passes, so you need to find a way to remember your times, or use My Disney Experience on your mobile device -- it shows your selected times.

You can also make FP+ bookings via your mobile device or even your home computer. If you are staying onsite, you can make selections as much as 60 days out. If you are not staying onsite and using a day ticket or multi-day ticket, you can make your selections immediately after you enter the park for the day. If that happens to be later in the day, the better times are sometimes unavailable, or the passes for some rides may be sold out. You can still access a ride by going into a standby queue without any passes, but that may involve a substantial wait.

London
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: fastpass +

Do you have to visit the kiosks to get your Fastpass+ ttickers if you have prebooked via Disney website? I have booked 3 Fastpass tickets for each park via "my Disney experience" but am wondering if I need to do anything more or just turn up to the rides on the booked times?

Edited: 18 April 2014, 13:16
middlesbrough
Level Contributor
424 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: fastpass +

Am I right in saying if staying off site you can pre book your fast pass+ 30 days in advance?

London
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: fastpass +

That's right. 30 days in advance via the Disney website.

Still wondering if I need to visit the kiosks once I've booked the Fastpass tickets, or are they electronically updated to your ticket.

Edited: 18 April 2014, 14:03
Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,602 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: fastpass +

Jambush, no you don't need to visit the kiosks, they are on your ticket :)

London
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: fastpass +

Thanks for confirming princess41. Couldn't see anything on Disney website.

Elk Grove Village...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: fastpass +

Yes, if you are staying offsite, you can pre-book your FastPass+ 30 days in advance. However, my understanding is that in order to do that, you need to have a valid ticket linked to your MDE account. So if you are staying offsite, you will need to pre-order your tickets in order to use the system in advance.

Once you have made your FastPass selections in advance, you don't need to do anything other than show up at the ride during your window.

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
146 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: fastpass +

Do you only get 3 fast passes a day for each park?

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
7,708 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: fastpass +

3 passes a day TOTAL. Currently, they must all be in one park.