We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I trolley vs lynx bus

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
bedfordshire
Level Contributor
122 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
I trolley vs lynx bus

I am staying at the rosen inn at pointe orlando in August.

Am thinking of transportation as we are not hiring a car.

Which is better the I trolley or lynx services, are there stops close to the hotel to use.

We will be visiting seaworld, magic kingdom, shopping malls, discovery cove etc

Thanks

Halifax
Level Contributor
746 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I trolley vs lynx bus

do a search on here re this topic - you will find the general opinion is that Lynx is better

i am a big fan of the i trolley personally but it can get a bit busy at peak times

both have stops outside your hotel - it is very convenient for all the parks. Don't worry about not having a car - you won't need it.

Seaworld and Discovery Cove are about 10 mins away on the bus, Magic Kingdom takes a fair bit longer and is a 2 bus job but not a problem if you get up early

Shopping malls are on the same routes at either end of i drive

Cheshire
Level Contributor
5,078 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I trolley vs lynx bus

There are I trolley and Lynx stops right in front of that Hotel, we have stayed there twice and used the Lynx both visits. The Lynx runs to a time table like our buses here so you can work around this, the Lynx starts very early in the morning and runs later at night than the trolley too.. We never used the trolley but they don't run to a time table it's when it shows, they do seem frequent though.

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
7,927 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I trolley vs lynx bus

The lynx will take you to more of the places you list than the Trolley. If you read the top question on what bus to use you will get the information you need.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
14,996 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: I trolley vs lynx bus

You can't reach the Magic Kingdom by the trolley. The Lynx public bus will get you to Disney.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,962 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I trolley vs lynx bus

The lynx is better than the trolley.

But, if you are determined to not drive, or you can't, then you can always get weekly passes for both. One taxi not taken will pay for each.

County Galway...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I trolley vs lynx bus

I get tickets for both Lynx more comfortable quicker for longer journeys and covers a vast area, I Trolley handy to jump on for short journeys if it turns up before the Lynx

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
3,459 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I trolley vs lynx bus

We are staying at the Hilton Garden Inn at SeaWorld. Which bus is best for us to use to get to The Point area of I Drive?

In all our years of going to Orlando we have never stayed in this area and we haven't a clue! We have never used the buses and have no idea if it's Lynx or I ride that comes to Westwood Boulevard.

Regards,

Deaconblue

Cheshire
Level Contributor
5,078 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I trolley vs lynx bus

Hi Deaconblue, I may book this hotel ,as far as I know this hotel is handy for both Lynx and I trolley, according to reviews the stops are in front of the hotel :)

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,292 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I trolley vs lynx bus

The Lynx bus would be my choice.

Worksop, United...
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World, Kissimmee
Level Contributor
9,873 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I trolley vs lynx bus

@travelmap32

Actually, there isn't a choice to be made here.

I-Ride does not go to Disney (or anywhere near). Nor to any regular shopping (only the outlets). Whereas LYNX buses do. And LYNX buses DO cover, more or less, the same ground as I-Ride.

So I guess that answers your question. It has to be LYNX if you intend to travel outside the Trolley's limited route.

Have a good thorough read of this for more detail: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g34515-c116996/Orland…

Bus stops for both systems are equally spaced more or less, so this isn't a factor. There are stops for both right outside the Rosen.

@Deaconblue

You can use either I-Ride or LYNX 8. If you want to use LYNX 8 (quicker, and runs later on weekday evenings) you'll need to walk 100yd across to Sea Harbor Drive to catch it.