We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fastpass+

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Joliet, Illinois
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Fastpass+

I'm going to Disney. One of the days I am there, I will be at Animal Kingdom 8 am-2 pm and Magic Kingdom from 3 pm to the end of the fireworks. Which park should I use my 3 Fastpass+ selections, Animal Kingdom or Magic Kingdom? Thanks!

Boxborough...
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fastpass+

Magic Kingdom. It has more attractions that you'll want to FP. Since you'll be at Animal Kingdom early in the day, you should be able to ride what you want without FP. Your biggest decision is whether to hit Expedition Everest or Kilimanjaro Safari first.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
340 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fastpass+

I agree with Sudlow, MK has the lionshare of rides so use FP+ for Space/Splash/Big Thunder Mountain.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,007 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Fastpass+

Definitely Magic Kingdom, if you're at Animal Kingdom for rope drop you should be able to get most of the attractions done without much of a wait. Last week we arrived for the 9:00 AM opening and rode the safari, Expedition Everest, Dinosaur!, and Primeval Whirl all before the 11:00 AM Finding Nemo show.

Edited: 12 March 2014, 15:07
Joliet, Illinois
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Fastpass+

Ok thank you. But how many fastpasses will be left at MK when I get there at 3 pm? The day I'll be there is March 23rd, which is a Sunday in peak spring break season, so it will be busy.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,720 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fastpass+

are you staying on site at disney or off site?

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
6,730 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fastpass+

If you are a Disney hotel guest, you will be able to reserve your FastPass+ in advance.

I am assuming by the way you posed your question you will be an offsite guest? It would be a waste to use your FastPass+ on Animal Kingdom if you can get there for opening. I would head straight to Kilamanjaro Safari and then work my way forward from there. Expedition Everest has a single rider line which can reduce the wait time there.

I would gamble and hope there is something left at 3PM in the Magic Kingdom. I arrived at EPCOT during a busy time at 5 and there were 2 options left, although one was a character greet which I would never pick. EPCOT (13) has less attractions on FastPass+ than the Magic Kingdom (26) so I would think with the extra 2 hours something would be left; however, they may not be any of the big ticket attractions.

Joliet, Illinois
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Fastpass+

Yes, I am staying off site.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,007 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Fastpass+

We found the Magic Kingdom the easiest of the parks in which to make FP + changes involving headliners. It just has so many more attractions. We were able to make last minute changes for both Space and Thunder Mountains, something that was impossible with the headliners at Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

Of course that's no guarantee for you, we may have just been lucky. If you're not going at a peak time you shouldn't need the FPs at Animal Kingdom. Most folks aren't willing to get up that early on vacation, you should be able to get to all of the "biggies" done before the real crowds arrive.

Here's our itinerary from last week:

We arrive approximately 30 minutes before the 9:00 AM park opening and were near the front of the turnstile.

At opening we walked straight to the safari and rode it

Next was Expedition Everest (a bit of a hike)

Then off to Dinoland where we rode, in order:

-Primeval Whirl

-Dinosaur!

-Triceratops Spin

After Dinoland we saw the 11:00 Finding Nemo show

Lunch at the Yak and Yeti counter service was next

We then visited Rafiki's Planet Watch before using our only FP at Kali River Rapids. We had FPs for re-rides on Everest and the safari but decided to head to the resort pool after getting completely soaked on Kali. So, even though we were onsite, we only used one of our three scheduled FPs. I think the standby was 40 minutes at Kali at around 2:30.

That was on a non EMH day during an average crowds time.

Edited: 12 March 2014, 20:57
Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,007 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Fastpass+

Oh, and It's Tough to Be a Bug was in there somewhere-I just can't remember when! It was probably between lunch and Rafiki's Planet Watch.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,720 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fastpass+

mfiz, I agree with anonymous. hopefully this is something Disney will address, when off site people with park hoppers get to their first park they should be a way to schedule the fast passes for later in the day at whatever park they want to visit second :)