We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sheraton Vistana Resort OR Sheraton Vistana Villages !!

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
87 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Sheraton Vistana Resort OR Sheraton Vistana Villages !!

I’m having a great dilemma, and I hope you can help me out.

I’m planning to visit Orlando soon to spend almost 14 days to visit Disney parks for the majority of time, and spend little time in Universal, Seawrold. So which property would work better for us? (Myself, wife and handicapped mother) with no kids for a 2BR apartment.

Should I book @ Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas (on Vistana Drive) OR Sheraton Vistana villages (on International-drive) and which property do you think is better More specious, newer, cleaner, better kept, etc I don’t really care about the pools, as much as the units spaciousness, cleanliness and overall quality of service. price wise, they are the same...

For the sake of not getting confused. I will call Vistana Resort on Vistana drive (VR) and Vistana village on international drive (VV)

They seem very similar when it comes to reviews, however the VV on I-drive seem newer and cleaner, but some people say it’s getting run down already. However, the VR said to be 30 years old property yet its been refurbished, and its closer to Disney which a big plus…but is it really much closer? As some say its only an extra 2-5 min drive ….

I would personally choose the VR, but worried as some people say it’s a very old property and getting a good unit is pure luck… Do you have any tips or advice for me? Thanks

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,741 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sheraton Vistana Resort OR Sheraton Vistana Villages !!

I wouldn't let the distance to Disney dictate your decision; the difference is so small, it's insignificant.

My sister and her family stayed at the I-Drive location a few years ago, and were very happy there, but it has been a while (like five years).

As for getting a "preferred" location at any resort, it mainly depends on the time of year you are visiting and how much capacity they are running. If it's busy and they are full, you get what you get. If you go during off season times when more of the resort is empty, your chance of getting a change of room is much more likely.

Devon
Level Contributor
112 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sheraton Vistana Resort OR Sheraton Vistana Villages !!

Having stayed at both on more than one occasion, I don't think you can go wrong with either. Villages has newer properties but Resort has had some refurbishment so not much to choose between. As far as location, again both are good for getting to the theme parks, there is a Publix supermarket near to Villages which we find very handy and the IRideTrolly bus stops right outside the entrance. Both are friendly resorts to stay at, we used to stay at V Resort but now prefer Villages it just works for us. I can't comment on disabled facility's but I'm sure either will give you what you need.

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sheraton Vistana Resort OR Sheraton Vistana Villages !!

vistana resort plenty of space pools open till 1am very clean deffo closer to disney we love it there

Graysville...
Level Contributor
2,343 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sheraton Vistana Resort OR Sheraton Vistana Villages !!

I can not speak for VR, but we stayed at VV in October and had a newer room in the St. Augustine section and it was really nice. Very short drive to Disney.

Tecumseh, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sheraton Vistana Resort OR Sheraton Vistana Villages !!

I have stayed at both resorts. I love Visatana Villages. The property is great wonderful service and newer than the other vistana. Hands down Vistana villages on I drive is the best. Close to all parks. Universal and Disney are 5 min away. Sea world just up the street

6. Re: Sheraton Vistana Resort OR Sheraton Vistana Villages !!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2015, 05:18