We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving a Ferrari in Orlando....

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Senglea, Malta
Level Contributor
427 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Driving a Ferrari in Orlando....

Hi I want to surprise my husband when we go, He always dreamt to drive a ferrari, anyone knows which is the best place to do it ? I searched online and saw the exotic driving experience in disney world speedway, but it's not clear of how many laps he'll be able to do, $419 is not cheap so I don't want him to get in the car for 3 mins and that's it :) Also do you know of another place in Orlando where I can book ?

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
834 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving a Ferrari in Orlando....

ill be honest at Richard Petty Speedway although they do the Exotic cars i did the NASCAR gold experiance and was by far the best thing i ever did.

with en exoctic car i would want to drive it around a track not an oval

just something to consider

West Bridgford...
Level Contributor
75 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving a Ferrari in Orlando....

I'm not 100% sure but I looked at the Disney one and it's ridiculously expensive. In England I can drive a selection of super cars for about £80-£120 for 6 laps around a track.

When I looked at the Disney one, if I remember rightly, it was about £300 for 3 laps. It'd probably be better to hire the car for a day which is probably double that but you can drive it anywhere.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
16,878 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving a Ferrari in Orlando....

You can look at the details for Disney and Daytona http://www.drivepetty.com/

Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving a Ferrari in Orlando....

Put on your best swanky clothes and take him here

http://www.orlando.ferraridealers.com/en_us/

Then just blag a test drive........

Va
Level Contributor
10,660 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Driving a Ferrari in Orlando....

$419 isn't bad. A person I work with rented one for a wedding in Orlando and it was $1000 for 8 hours + $5 per mile.

Little Rock
Level Contributor
2,379 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Driving a Ferrari in Orlando....

Spend $1000 and do the Walt Disney World exotic car racing / driving thing.

Yes you can rent a car for the day @ $1,500 to $2,000 + $2.00 to $5.00 per mile (you usually get 100 miles per day) & putt putt around town, on the freeways, in a location where you do not know where you're going and worry about traffic, getting hit, getting a speeding ticket, etc.

Or you can drive them on the track at speeds of 100 to 120 mph. Yes, the track drive and will only last 10 minutes, but it is "balls to the wall".

I've done the exotics racing in Vegas (which is track driving), & I've also done the Gotham Dream Car Tour in Fort Lauderdale (which is road touring).

There are pros and cons of each, but just renting a car to tool around for the day, would be this 3rd on my list of the three.

A suggestion if you do the track day is; do several laps in the cheapest car (I think its a Porsche 991S (911S) to get used to the track and how the instructor talks to you, and then drive something more fun (Ferrari / Lamborghini).

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
3,621 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Driving a Ferrari in Orlando....

I've heard you only get about 4 laps. The best thing to do would be to email them.

Keep an eye on on groupon orlando/Florida deals as they have those sort of things come up.

Little Rock
Level Contributor
2,379 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Driving a Ferrari in Orlando....

To get as many laps you want to pay for ... The base charge comes with 6 laps & you can add additional labs for more money. Your best bet is to call, then and ask for special or a reduced rates for extra laps. Advertising rates are $439 for 6 laps and $719 for 10 laps (458 Italia)

Also inquire about the maximum number of labs car can do before it has to come in and rest (buying 10 laps when one has to come in after 8, and then go out for two more, may not be best for fun/learning)

9. Re: Driving a Ferrari in Orlando....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2015, 06:16