We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Universal Hotel - 1 or 2 night stay

Carnwath
8 posts
Save Topic
Universal Hotel - 1 or 2 night stay

We are thinking of booking a hotel for a night or two to get express passes for Universal parks when we go this summer

Anybody recommend any of the hotels for 2 adults and a 13 year old and best place to book a hotel to get a good deal

Thanks

England
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Universal Hotel - 1 or 2 night stay

Seeing as you intend to stay onsite for the Express Pass, any of the hotels except the new Cabana Bay hotel are viable options. I have stayed at all three various times and they are all excellent hotels in my opinion. I usually find myself returning to the Hard Rock or the Royal Pacific though. I would just take a look at the websites and see what decor / theme you prefer. As for price, it tends to go Royal Pacific - Hard Rock - Portafino. (least expensive to most) I have in the past received the best deal just going with Universal direct in regards to where to book. As a whole though, I find that the price for the most part is rather consistent. Especially during the busy Summer months when I tend to go. The price will ultimately depend on the time you intend to visit.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
12,940 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Universal Hotel - 1 or 2 night stay

Keep in mind the new Harry Potter expansion is due to open "this summer". Plan accordingly.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,909 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Universal Hotel - 1 or 2 night stay

I would stay at least 2 nights (you'll have 3 days of express pass), especially in the summer :)

Graysville...
Level Contributor
2,315 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Universal Hotel - 1 or 2 night stay

We stayed at Royal Pacific last year and even though it was nice, the boys didn't like that there wasn't a water slide. The Hard Rock and Portofino have a water slide. We pool hopped to the other pools and the boys really liked the Portofino as well as me and my hubby. We just booked to stay there this summer. I have heard good reviews about all 3 so like the previous poster said to pick the hotel of your liking. Royal Pacific is island themed, Hard Rock plays music all the time and sometimes has live music poolside or DJ, Portofino is all Italian themed and seemed to be the most peaceful one to me. I priced up staying at the new Cabana Bay and buying the Universal ticket that has the Express pass with it and it actually came out to be a little cheaper than staying at the Portofino.

Bham
Level Contributor
117 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Universal Hotel - 1 or 2 night stay

We stayed 1 night at Hard rock in the first week, then 1 night in the second week.

So we got 4 days of express passes, we booked direct with Hard Rock .

Our 3 children, 10, 13 and 14 loved the hotel.

I loved the fact that I could skip driving for a day and have a sneaky beer.

Edited: 14 March 2014, 15:14
6. Re: Universal Hotel - 1 or 2 night stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2015, 05:19