We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pleb fast pass use.

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Pleb fast pass use.

As an 'off-site' second class citizen with a family that do not do early mornings this is my plan, will it work?

I go to the park at opening time with all the tickets, book the fast passes for several hours hence, then go back to the hotel, after perhaps sneaking in a few grown up rides :)

I assume I pay parking once and I am covered for the day in any park?

Is there any choice at the kiosks over times?

Can I book MK from another park where parking is less of a pain?

Is there a fast pass kiosk outside - on the boardwalk say?

Can I do it by phone/email/internet each day?

Ta

Chris

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
6,550 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pleb fast pass use.

I go to the park at opening time with all the tickets, book the fast passes for several hours hence, then go back to the hotel, after perhaps sneaking in a few grown up rides :) - I don't know about this one. I know under the old system the park ticket had to be scanned through the gates to be "active" to get a FastPass. I do not know if that is the same under the new system, but since a Cast Member will be there I am sure they will just let you do it.

I assume I pay parking once and I am covered for the day in any park? Yes - you only pay for parking once a day.

Is there any choice at the kiosks over times? Yes - if multiple slots are available, which I assume they will be in the AM

Can I book MK from another park where parking is less of a pain? Unfortunately, no.

Is there a fast pass kiosk outside - on the boardwalk say? Unfortunately, no. There were dedicated ones for the Swan and Dolphin during testing, but you had to stay at those hotels to use them.

Can I do it by phone/email/internet each day? I am not sure on this one - I thought only tickets linked on My Disney Experience could be altered without a kiosk.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,541 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pleb fast pass use.

I believe liverpoolollie mentioned in his reports that he went early with the families tickets and booked all the fast passes for them, then went back later with the family.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,532 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pleb fast pass use.

Although I've not tried it, another possibility would be to take all the tickets to your choice of park, activate them at the gate, and then use My Disney Experience to complete your selections, without going into the park and using a kiosk. This could be done on your mobile device outside the park, or even by you or someone else back at the hotel as soon as the tickets have been activated.

That makes me wonder why Disney doesn't let guests activate their day tickets on the My Disney Experience website and start to make Fastpass+ selections after the park is open for the day (or possibly even sooner), rather than having to make the trip to the park gate. The only catch would have to be that the ticket becomes used once activated, so there could be no cancellations at the last moment.

toronto
Level Contributor
361 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Pleb fast pass use.

From my research, if not staying on property you cant even after activating, you can not use the MDE app to modify.

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
348 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pleb fast pass use.

If you aren't going on any "grown up" rides using FP+, what is it you are trying to book? I guess Belle and maybe Peter Pan have long lines, but almost everything will still have FP+ available when you get there. Seems like a huge waste of 2-3 hours just book one thing that might still be available anyway.

I think people are under the impression that all of the FP+ slots will be used up on averything before 10AM.

The fact is, maybe 1-2 rides per park may run out by 11am-noon. The main ones being Toy Story Mania, Enchanted Tales with Belle, Soarin' and maybe Everest. Most likely the new Mine Train too.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pleb fast pass use.

My list of things that will need booking are

MK

Enchanted Tales with Belle

Peter Pan's Flight

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train or Ariel's Grotto

AK

Kilimanjaro Safaris Expedition

Finding Nemo Musical

Kali River Rapids

HA

Toy Story Midway Mania! - get in early to ride before open time.

Voyage of the Little Mermaid

Disney Junior – Live on Stage

EP

Soarin'

The Seas with Nemo & Friends

Journey into Imagination with Figment

Do any of those sound like a waste of a fast, or contravene any tier rules?

From previous experience it will be hard to get them there before 11 am!

Chris

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,875 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pleb fast pass use.

You certainly won't need one for Imagination. That ride never has a line.

I also wouldn't get one for finding Nemo. They let tons of people in. We've never had an issue getting in, even at the last minute.

Donna

8. Re: Pleb fast pass use.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2015, 05:18