We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mickeys very merry christmas party

uk
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Topic
Mickeys very merry christmas party

Hi everyone. Thinking of buying tickets for this, for myself, husband an 7 yr old daughter. Can any body give me information on their experiances of this as its really limited on the disney website. Also, is it worth the price, the days we would be able to go dont qualify for an advanced booking discount so we would be paying near 50 dollars each! Thanks

Florida
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mickeys very merry christmas party

They have special holiday parades and shows. There is a special holiday edition of the Wishes fireworks show. The most popular rides are open, but not all restaurants and shops are open. You get a complimentary family portrait (ours have always turned out well). There is artificial "snow" falling on Main Street, and it's a very festive atmosphere. We've never felt it was a waste of money, but we usually either qualify for an annual pass discount or a resident discount. My favorite parts are the special parade and special fireworks.

uk
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mickeys very merry christmas party

Thanks, that made things a little clearer for me. But can the festive shows that are on only be seen in MVMP or are they on for everyone around christmas time. Also, is it really crowded? Thanks again.

Florida
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mickeys very merry christmas party

There are some shows that are specific to the Christmas party. The holiday parade is shown only at the party, until they stop the parties a few days before Christmas. Then they substitute the holiday parade for their regular afternoon one through Christmas week. The special fireworks are only done at the party.

Florida
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mickeys very merry christmas party

Sorry, forgot to address the crowd question!

Weekend parties (Friday, Saturday, or Sunday) are usually sellouts, and although the number of tickets is limited, they will be a lot more crowded than week night parties. I have found that if they are offering tickets for a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday, that those nights are usually a lot less crowded. It will seem like there are more people in the park than there really are, because not everything in the park is open.

I also recommend that you get your family picture done early in the evening, while the lines are short.

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
133 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mickeys very merry christmas party

Don't miss this. As someone who has been going to Disney for years, but never in December until the last few years, everyone should experience this once. The snow on Main Street alone is worth it! It is just a great holiday atmosphere and the parade was great.

6. Re: Mickeys very merry christmas party

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 18:19