We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Refillable cups at parks

Hebburn, United...
Level Contributor
156 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Refillable cups at parks

Do refillable cups work out cheaper when in the parks - we do plan on drinking water but you also need a diet coke now and again.

How much are cups approximately and how much are the refills.

Thanks

Emma

pa
Level Contributor
54,488 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Refillable cups at parks

Which Parks are you visiting ?

Hebburn, United...
Level Contributor
156 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Refillable cups at parks

We will be going to WDW - 4 day pass, Universa, IOA, Seaworld and Aquatica all have unlimited access.

Thanks

Berkshire, United...
Level Contributor
389 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Refillable cups at parks

I don't think you can get the refill cups in Disney (except for the resorts and water parks). You can however get free water and ice at any beverage place.

You can get them though at Universal, which you can use at Universal Studios, Islands Of Adventure and City walk.

Cups are about $6.99 (last time we were there) including your first drink. And the refills are 0.99c. We thought it was well worth it - we saved lots of dollars. Me and my OH shared a cup.

We also got one at Seaworld, which you can use at Seaworld, Aquatica and Busch Gardens. I think this one was a little more $ at about $8.99 for the cup - refills are again 0.99c for soft drinks, with the option also of filling with the frozen slushies for $2.99 per refill.

In my opinion - really worth it. Its a great shame that Disney don't do something similar in all the parks.

Edited: 14 March 2014, 23:30
Monterrey, Mexico
Level Contributor
250 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Refillable cups at parks

I read somewhere that the Seaword cups are refillable in Universal and IOA too, is that right?

yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,387 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Refillable cups at parks

The mugs are really good value... For a family of four, we usually share two and top up as we need them....

Especially when the weather is hot and remember you will be doing a lot of walking so need to keep well hydrated...

You can also get refillable popcorn buckets, again for a small cost.......

If you are planning on visiting any of the disney water parks, the mug is reusable for a second day. It used to be a bar code scanner but now they rechip for you.

You have the initial outlay ... Then free refills all day.. On the second day, you pay a nominal sum for the rechip and again free refills.

Edited: 15 March 2014, 08:15
Hebburn, United...
Level Contributor
156 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Refillable cups at parks

Thank you - will definitely go the refillable cup route as sounds as though it will save us money.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
35,549 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Refillable cups at parks

The mugs at Disney are only good at the resorts and water parks. The water parks have their own mugs so you can't use a resort mug at a waterpark or a water park mug at a resort. You can't use either in the theme parks other than for water.

Donna

Berkshire, United...
Level Contributor
389 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Refillable cups at parks

To answer the question about whether you can use one cup for universal and Seaworld - I don't think you can. They are completely desperate companies, so don't see how it would be possible - and I certainly have never seen it being done..

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
22,034 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Refillable cups at parks

You can't use the same cups at Seaworld and Universal,they are not related companies. And Disney only has the refillable mugs at resorts(so it only makes sense if you are staying a t the resort) and water parks) so there really is no refillable cup option you can use at the parks you are going to. But some of the counter service places(like Sunshine Seasons at Epcot) have refills for people that are dining there so you can have a few diet Cokes with your meals

yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,387 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Refillable cups at parks

That's true, universal/IoA are completely separate from sea world so you will need to purchase separate mugs.. But like I said, very worth it.

Besides, they make great souvenirs to take home ...

Over the years, we've had cupboards full ...