We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gatorland

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds
Level Contributor
521 posts
Save Topic
Gatorland

Has anyone tried the zip line fun option at Gatorland? Or the adventure hour?

Thinking about doing both of these next august? Will there be time to do both and still be done by mid afternoon? And are they both suitable for a 5 year old?

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
13,666 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gatorland

Andy I haven't done the zip line but watched people do it. Not sure what the lower age limit is but it might say on their website? You "zip" over lakes full of gators so quite an adventure! You can easily do Gatorland in half a day without the zip line and adventure hour, so I expect you will be finished by mid-afternoon. One thing I wouldn't recommend doing is the Gatorland Express (if it is still running). "Express" is not quite the word as we walked round the park quicker than the train!!! It was just a waste of money IMHO but other than that we had a good time at the park. There is a small water play area that your 5 year old may like if it is a hot day.

Leeds
Level Contributor
521 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gatorland

There's no age limit mentioned (only weight and height which she easily makes) and it looks like you clip on together. I was just wondering if anyone had done it with kids.

Thanks for your tips!

Leeds
Level Contributor
521 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Gatorland

Can anyone else advise on these extra experiences?

Dumfries
Level Contributor
85 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gatorland

In my opinion only the hype is more than the actual ride. For what you pay I would doubt it is worth it. The park is fine but as has been mentioned it is a half day visit. Remember that all coupon books have money off. I doubt it will be busy at the zipwire all the time so may be worth forming an opinion when you are there

5. Re: Gatorland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2015, 04:20