We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney World Orlando

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Disney World Orlando

I was wondering how busy the theme parks will be early in December. My family and I will be visiting from Dec 8 - 14. We were thinking of staying at The Point Orlando Resort on Universal Bvd or Blue Heron Beach Resort in the. Downtown Disney area. Are these two resorts central to the theme parks? Which would you recommend?

Thank you

Edited: 18 March 2014, 01:38
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney World Orlando

Think I have posted in the wrong forum...sorry.

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,934 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney World Orlando

Try Disney World tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g1954828-i20534-… and Orlando forums

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
731 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney World Orlando

Hi Sandra,

Just popping in to mention that we've moved your topic here to the Disney World forum. Good luck with your research and happy travels!

Best regards,

TA_Louise

New Jersey
Level Contributor
267 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney World Orlando

I visited Disney World right around the same time a few years ago, and it was one of the best visits I ever had! Temperatures were lower than usual but still pleasant for me as a Northerner. Crowds were fairly light because most peple visit for Thanksgiving and then go home, or arrive close to Christmas and stay for the holidays. And best of all, the parks are decked out in holiday magic! That winter/Christmas/holiday decor is really well done and adds a whole other level of magic. Plus there are lots of special holiday events going on- we loved all the different exhibits at Epcot that detailed how countries around the world celebrated different holidays, and of course the awesome light display at Hollywood Studios.

The only downside is that the parks might not be open quite as late as they are in the summer or during busier times, but maybe I'm just a night owl. Seriously though, one of my favorite times to visit.

I'm sorry I don't know much about those two hotels but certainly someone else will be able to help :-)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney World Orlando

Thank you for that info...I was hoping that mid Dec wouldn't be too busy. Which area would you recommend staying? The lake Bueno Vista area? International Dve closer to Universal? We are hoping go visit both Universal and some of the Disney World parks.

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,804 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney World Orlando

Be there before the Dec,15th

The parks won't be busy , its there winter

so bring layered clothing.

The nights can be very cold and damp.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney World Orlando

Will you be driving? I would probably pick the Lake Buena Vista area over IDrive, just a nicer area IMO. We go early December often and the parks are relatively quiet, it's a good time to go. We had great weather last year too. I don't actually think the Blue Heron is that near DTD, have you looked at the DTD resort hotels? They are all within easy walking distance of DTD, a great place to hang out in the evenings. http://www.downtowndisneyhotels.com/

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disney World Orlando

Thanks for all advice. I will look at the Lake Bueno Vista area for hotels. I like the price/value/look of the Homewood suites and the Fairfield suites.

9. Re: Disney World Orlando

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2015, 04:27