We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hire Car - Under 25yrs

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
184 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Hire Car - Under 25yrs

Just booked our holiday for 2015 with Thomas Cook and car hire was included in the price...i am expecting there will be quite a hefty insurance charge on top of this plus I imagine a surcharge as we will both be 24, although my boyfriend will turn 25 while we are there. Does anyone know if there are any car hire companies in Florida that do not charge a surcharge or are cheaper than some others? We are wanting a car for the whole 2 weeks we are there and so will book separately from our holiday package if it will work out cheaper.

Any advice is appreciated :)

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,376 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hire Car - Under 25yrs

No, I don't know of any that will allow you to rent without a big surcharge -- that's the industry standard, and has been for many, many years (I even had to pay the surcharge when I was a college graduate traveling for business.... )

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
820 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hire Car - Under 25yrs

Sixt. I was told they don't add a charge on but they do, however its only $9 per day

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
184 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hire Car - Under 25yrs

Thank you! Thats great! Just looked on the Sixt website and it states $9 per day upto a maximum of $49...That's a huge relief as I was panicking a bit we were going to have pay at least $25 a day plus tax! Thanks for that I will be making a booking with them when the rates for 2015 come out (at the minute I can only book upto March and we don't travel until september). Thanks again :)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
820 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hire Car - Under 25yrs

Oh that's good that they only do a max of $49. I'll be 24 when we go and i'm just hiring a car for 3 days. Some places are ridiculous charging $25 a day!!

Have a fab time xx

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
184 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hire Car - Under 25yrs

I know its good there are places trying to help the young drivers! Hope you have a fab time too! I can't wait to act like a big kid again :-) xx

Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hire Car - Under 25yrs

I've got my hire car through Virgin holidays when I booked my break. They have a platinum insurance package which works out cheaper than paying the $25 a day surcharge. Platinum insurance includes the surcharge.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
184 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hire Car - Under 25yrs

I'm with Thomas Cook but i will double check if they have a similar deal as Virgin and see which way works out cheaper :-) Thanks!

Blackwood, United...
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hire Car - Under 25yrs

Christopher, are you certain Virgin car hire platinum package includes under age drivers ?

Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hire Car - Under 25yrs

Yes, although it's only included when booking a package holiday through Virgin Holidays at the same time.

Just double checked the website and it does say Platinum insurance includes underage driver fees.

Blackwood, United...
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hire Car - Under 25yrs

Ok, thanks Christopher